A kinda dark edm

You got a nice vibe and some good musical elements here - good work with that! I may be able to offer some technical advice:

I think that big noise sweep toward the beginning was too loud for my taste - it seemed a bit disconnected from the track. As for the mix, the drums sound like they could stand to be layered and more intense. Try layering on more snare samples so they sound fatter and give each sample a different character. The cymbals and hats sounded too low in the mix and without enough sizzle for my taste. Try bringing the faders up to see if that helps, if not try some saturation and distortion (gently).

Also, try using a hi pass filter to remove anything below 130Hz on tracks that don't need it (like maybe that piano). It will remove some of the clutter from the mix.

You have a good arrangement - a bit of technical polishing will help it hit with the impact for which it has potential. But I would recommend revisiting the ending.

Overall great work – keep it up my friend!

I recently made a remix of Chromeo’s “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” for a competition – I would very much appreciate your feedback on it, and if enjoy it I ask you to please click “vote.” It can be heard at this link:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportu...missions/c0371f18-f18b-11e3-ad95-22000b2410cc

One small vote could help me achieve my dreams – but only if you feel it is deserving!

Cheers!

hey thank you very much for the advice... and for the remix you did with chromeo's ... i think its really good... keep it up bro.

Back