Jack Dallas - 'Love' - UK Garage/2 Step - Feedback Appreciated

hijack

Hi,

I have made a new track and I would appreciate some general feedback (i.e. mix; arrangement) before I go any further with it.

I will try and return all feedback, just link your tracks below with your reply.

Track Description:
Reminiscent of the UKG sounds from the late 90s and early 2000s, 'Love' is a clean but deadly 2 step anthem with swung beats, chopped up chords, a driving bassline and uplifting vocals.

Thanks.

Hello,

I think the song is really clean, the organ is very well EQed. I think it lacks some texture in the high end, maybe you should try to layer another type of hat to get a sublte noise in the high to make the track more "open". I would love to hear a break too. Something like a guitar solo or a a saxo just for some variation at some point.

I have nothing to say about the vocal, it's just in the right place and perfectly EQed.

Great track I like garage a lot but I feel it needs an extra element to the track to keep the listener interested, maybe a drop to a
different bassline and organ melody and then drive the track back up. Mix sounds clean, Well done mate :)

This is a great track. Really well produced and being a ukg fan it's nice to hear someone doing sounds like this instead of another future house clone.

It sounds really good and "classic" and the beat is super nice. I think it is a bit generic, as in it kinda drags on. It would be interesting to hear some new sounds or a break or new progression enter somewhere in the song. Other than that you've got it.

nice track!

i love the strings in the background, not too loud
the vocal sounds crispiy and clear, good use of hall/reverb and well EQd
i like the rhythm of the percussion

personally I'd like to hear some delay on the little clav hits to fill the room a bit more, but I'm not sure if the mix allows that.

overall good representation of the genre!

Back