Ghosts: From Tribe to EDM and back again -- please comment

Syck

Ghosts on Soundcloud

I hope I can take you on a journey with this.

I am very interested in overall impression, and also seek help with some mixing flaws (resonances on the bamboo, how to use compression here, etc).
As I am not a native English speaker, all comments on the ambience text on soundcloud are also welcome.

Spread the love,
Peter.

[Tried to post this track earlier together with another track, but the system broke the link, and it is not available there.]

Last edited:
very interesting stuff, very creative musically.

I really enjoy the fact that you've created a narrative to be told for the music, think it works well.

As for the resonance on the bamboo, I'd consider this to be a problem needing to be fixed in EQ. That's usually my go to for unwanted resonance. Helps to locate the frequency on the EQ and then decrease the amplitude at that frequency until the resonance is no longer an issue.

I feel you could do with perhaps more reverb and maybe some pads below just to fill out the space a bit more, currently it's a bit empty imo, but maybe that's appropriate for the type of music you're making so could just be personal preference!

Overall I really like it! works well, maybe also needs something to build into that heavy bit at the end as it comes a bit suddenly and doesn't quite sit right for me, though maybe that's the response you want a listener to have.

Good work bro

Hi Adam,

thank you for your motivating and helpful comment.

I do that thing with eq-ing/bf-ing the resonances at the end, if nothing else helps :) as it is at least a days work, and everything else is fixed then.
Meanwhile, I hope to find another solution....

There are some ambient low pads in the first minutes, but adding them audibly before the drums would still enhance the atmosphere (and enlengthen the transition). Thank you for that idea!

Concerning the "suspense" sections, fattening them up would be against the intent, but I also feel that they are a bit over-dry. Most transitions are too short, because this is mainly a pack of ideas stuffed into seven minutes. It needs focus when listening, it would not work as a background music.

So I try to gather more experience and answers and then do finer (and a bit longer) remix.

Thank you for the appreciation,
Peter.

-- Love Hymn: Shy and poetic

Last edited:
Hey man! I don't know for how long you've been producing but I guess you're more at the beginning stage. Your sounds are definitely unique but in my opinion it all doesn't fit together and it's hard to understand what your mission was on this one. First of all learn more about how to arrange sounds, what melodies and layers fit together. Also try to create more tension and emotion by adding different parts for example a calm part and a busier part and make solid transitions between them. Don't worry about your mixing/mastering too much, in my opinion you should shift your focus more on arranging a track.
It would be great to hear some feedback from you on my latest production: Public Enemy Remix (electro House), looking for feedback

Back