[Garage House] Skylark --- Feedback needed! All feedback returned :)

Spasmoid

New track I've been working on. I would really appreciate some feedback, cheers! :o:o:o

Also if your keen follow and comment on soundcloud, I'll be coming out with new stuff pretty regularly.
I'm more than happy to check out anyone elses music to.

i love how wonky this is (in a good way). My 2 cents would be maybe just slightly alter the bassline starting at 51 seconds in. its not bad, but it has a few notes that seem out of sync. It still is very good regardless. at 2:05 i would make a downriser to lead in the breakdown just a tad bit smoother. overall great job.

Hey man, This isn't really my taste but I can dig it.

I like the stereo deal you have with your percussion track in the beginning before you let your bass melody come in. I think around .54 when you do start playing that bass synth it clashes too much with your other lead and percussion track. Its a bit to much and my ears don't know exactly what to be focusing on. I enjoy what you had your chords(?) do at 2.06, its a really unique noise and sounds cool, but as soon as you put everything together again at 2.35 its just to much.

Your mix sounds pretty good, You could probably loose some of the midrange in your hats, just a little bit. Your vocal clip sits on top of the track well. Cool track and I really enjoy the concepts, keep it up man!

Thanks for listening! Yeah I do tend to always put to many things in whatever I make, I have trouble holding myself back haha. Again I really appreciate the feedback, cheers!

Thanks man, I hope I wasn't too harsh on your song. I was trying my hardest to find flaws though, constructive criticism is hard haha.

hey, i like the track, it has a cool vibe with the wonky synth. I agree with above that things get too hectic at the first drop, its hard to focus on one sound which is important. I would lower the bass, or maybe reduce the mid of the bass to allow us to hear the lead better. Aslo the pad around 1:30 feels a bit dry, could add a bit of reverb in there. Vocals are cool though and track overall are really good though :)

Very well done track :D
Not my genre but sounds good. I agree with totta in EQing the mid of the bass that cover partially the top lead.
Loving the breakdown at 2:05. Percs and kick are awesome.
Keep working on it.

Cheers :cheers:

Thanks for listening! Yeah great points, I actually had been so distracted by doing other stuff in the song i kind of forgot to refine the sound of those pady synths. Thanks for your feedback!

it sounds a bit clustered, like too much going on in parts, hi hats arent right to my ears anyway ? maybe its the mix ?? other than the hats the rest of the mix sounds good, i dont really like garage house, but that doesnt mean its not good . appreciate the feedback also.

its chill and robotic i like it. the bass drum maybe isnt as refined, gets a bit much for me. I think some slight variation in velocity for the bass drum hits would be good. the bass melody is great . mix sounds on point to me. Overall interesting and clear sounding

I like the track! I think around 2:35 when everything comes in the kids seem a little muddy because of the detuned chord sound. Really unique sound and love the idea. Keep it up!

Yeah, I like this stuff :) I really love the bassline! I think you could make the two melodies - the main synth and the bass - a little bit simpler, so it's easier to follow your track. My ears are somehow confused by these complicated chords and melodies and it's pretty hard to remember that after having listened to the song. The bassdrum sounds good! the hihat sounds quite rough, but I think that's okay for garage house :) I think it has already been said, but maybe work on your EQing so that you get this clean - less lower mids! Really like your production, keep it up! :)

Don't really listen to Garage House but the production quality of the track sounds really nicely achieved! The general pace throughout really works well and makes it work really well as a dance track. The structure works well too and there isn't a single part that drags on too long. Nice work man, keep it up!

Back