First beat in 2 years - dark island music - feed for feed asap

The intricacy of this track/beat is very impressive. I feel this could be a real hit for say a video on youtube or to be exact i watch this guy called Gary Vaynerchuk on youtube and he uses other artists music to help them. This could be used on his videos. If you feel that you want to make music i would just act like you are big, make a logo, change your name on SoundCloud, just do it big regardless. This is how i do my stuff from logos, to videos to anything.

My advice is if this is something you want to do and want more feedback on, release everything you have. Content content content. dont hold anything back. I checked out your other tracks as well and i liked the 8 bit sort of sounding arps i guess you would call them. I followed you on SoundCloud as well. Just keep pushing out content.

If you want help or want a logo done from a drawing you have or something im willing to help you out dude. Just one artist to another helping out.

has a cool tropical vibe before the vibe, and I like the drum patterns a lot. Musically, it's really appealing. Cool tune :)

This pretty different, I like the song. I feel like the mix lacks presence.. I had to turn it way up to hear what was going on.
Also it's too short for my taste, the outro from 2:40, where you bring the bassline back.. it sets me up for a heavy part where you strip back the melodies and bring in a huge nasty break or something like that! At this point anything goes.

Your older two tracks are funny too, but this is much more sophisticated.

Nice track, I like the way it starts and progresses and the mix and mastering sounds ok on my laptop speakers, well done mate :)

Dude this is sick! Great stereo work, clean mix, cool sounds! The only part that I think could've had more stuff happening is in the first 20 seconds of the song. It's probably just a personal taste thing though ;) Nicely done!

That's a nice one. I like the slow tempo, atmosphere and chill vibe. Goes well with my Monday morning coffee. You even made the vocals work in a way that didn't bother me. Usually I'm not a big fan of that. Good job!

The intricacy of this track/beat is very impressive. I feel this could be a real hit for say a video on youtube or to be exact i watch this guy called Gary Vaynerchuk on youtube and he uses other artists music to help them. This could be used on his videos. If you feel that you want to make music i would just act like you are big, make a logo, change your name on SoundCloud, just do it big regardless. This is how i do my stuff from logos, to videos to anything.

My advice is if this is something you want to do and want more feedback on, release everything you have. Content content content. dont hold anything back. I checked out your other tracks as well and i liked the 8 bit sort of sounding arps i guess you would call them. I followed you on SoundCloud as well. Just keep pushing out content.

If you want help or want a logo done from a drawing you have or something im willing to help you out dude. Just one artist to another helping out.

hi thx alot for your advice and feedback its much appreciated . good idea with releasing more content your totally right .\thx for the offer / help with logo i might take u up on that when i get some time. thats very kind of youand i will follow u back on soundccloud

This pretty different, I like the song. I feel like the mix lacks presence.. I had to turn it way up to hear what was going on.
Also it's too short for my taste, the outro from 2:40, where you bring the bassline back.. it sets me up for a heavy part where you strip back the melodies and bring in a huge nasty break or something like that! At this point anything goes.

Your older two tracks are funny too, but this is much more sophisticated.

hi thx that was great feedback , i agree totally with the low mix , i am strugling a bit as it has like 30 tracks and was going into the red alot , i really need to learn to mix better and eq/compress 0 its a real weakness. also your right about track length - its not finished yet and there will be some tructural / progression changes so your bang on point there. i might do what u said with oike a big drop / break . i really appreciate the critical and honets feedback, thx

That's a nice one. I like the slow tempo, atmosphere and chill vibe. Goes well with my Monday morning coffee. You even made the vocals work in a way that didn't bother me. Usually I'm not a big fan of that. Good job!

hi thx for the feed. i drank alot of coffee myself making this so i think the song has a good coffee relationship. appreciate the feed

hi thx that was great feedback , i agree totally with the low mix , i am strugling a bit as it has like 30 tracks and was going into the red alot , i really need to learn to mix better and eq/compress 0 its a real weakness. also your right about track length - its not finished yet and there will be some tructural / progression changes so your bang on point there. i might do what u said with oike a big drop / break . i really appreciate the critical and honets feedback, thx

You should try saturating the sounds before compression and eq.
I'm not gonna go into all of the technical details here (writing an actual tutorial for that).. but seriously, try this:
-add a tape saturator to all of your drums, to individual sounds or buses, doesn't matter..
-crank it up
giphy.gif

Like that.

You should try saturating the sounds before compression and eq.
I'm not gonna go into all of the technical details here (writing an actual tutorial for that).. but seriously, try this:
-add a tape saturator to all of your drums, to individual sounds or buses, doesn't matter..
-crank it up
View attachment 46343

Like that.

cool, ive just started reading about it now due to your comment. I always wondered about it and even added it to something a while ago not really knowing what it was, im reading this:
What is Tape Saturation? Which Are The Best Saturation Plugins? | Ledger Note

would u even put it on synths ? or is it mainly a drums thing

Looks like a good article, thanks! Haha, I'll have to read it myself.

If you produce the type of music that is perfectly quantized with no change in velocity and is mastered to compete with other current albums (aka squashed to death with a compressor and limiter), then probably not

I'd say 'probably yes' here, actually... because it tames transients and harshness before you even go to the compressor and limiter.... so they have less to squash, meaning you can louder with less problems.
They key is to use it at levels where it doesn't turn into real distortion... and use it early on, like first or second in your FX chain. That kind of simulates the old process where everything had to be recorded
to tape.

Yeah it's nice on synths. But there are other variants of saturation, like tube saturation.. which has warmer richer sound, whereas tape is more gritty and inharmonic... I use that a lot on my synths and basses too.
Every unit (or simulated one) will have it's own characteristics and sound. Definitely check out those two free plugs at the bottom. They're great, I used that FerricTDS a lot on my drums. That same guy has a few other great free plugs as well and they sound as good, if not better, than a lot of paid-for stuff.

Thanks alot for the feedback! :)

I really like the vibe of this track, you also keep it interesting throughout. The only contructive feedback I have is maybe to put forth the leads a little bit more to give the track some more energy, but thats all! Awesome work :)

You have a unique style, which is good... One thing I will say is that the synths you have used seem a bit quiet If I were you I would use punchier synths maybe invest in some new soft synths...

Back