Feedback?

DefProtocol

I'm somewhat new to the producing world and haven't received much feedback on my beats (though a lot of people download my songs ironically lol). Just drop a reply here or comment there to let me know what you think? Leave a link and I'll return the favor! :-)

soundcloud(.)com/defprotocol

EDIT: Embedding for convenience :p

Last edited:
I rarely, if ever listen to dubstep/glitch, but I listened to that On Fleek and it sounds pretty cool. Nice synths and vibe too it. Had some good movement in the first bit, but then sort of fell off. It seemed a bit to repetitive compared to other things in that realm that I have heard.

I didn't listen to others and it seemed like a WIP, but I think you should definitely finish that one out if you haven't already. Good stuff!

On Fleek definitely is a work in progress, but I feel creatively disinclined ATM so I'm going to come back to it at a later date. Going for a futuristic bass-y vibe so hopefully it's on the right track haha. Thanks for listening, man!

I'm with DJRhox on this one. Not huge into glitch and dup step, but on fleek really caught my ear. Some really nice variations in the synth in that earlier section. Falls of a bit at the end for me too. Little to repetitive. I think that snare needs to be changed in certain parts to build it up a little more. And maybe some more variation with the wobbles and glitches. If you listen to guys like Mr.Bill and every bar has at least a little variation on the previous one.
But sick track though man. What did you use to make that bass that kicks in at 0.56?

Thanks haha. I was inspired by Zomboy (which is the sound I'm going for), but I feel like it needs more spice and variation like his tracks usually are ?

I use Massive for most of my drops, automate the LFO settings to give them their current variation. Massive is a dubstep wizard, get it if you haven't already haha.

Well you got your ideas down and music theory doesn't seem to be a problem with you so you're doing good man! Keep it up and keep watching tutorial vids on maybe mixing and mastering. On fleek is dope!
Check me out soundcloud.com/6o6music

Not a dubstep fan, but Enjoy The ride, is a great remix. I got deffinetely cought up to that. In the drop, some staff doenst really match together, just my opinion, but its definetely worth listening. Just keep working on, dont give up, make sure to network a lot with ppl :))

Back