[F4F] Shortcut (EDM 2018)

westside2

This is my second EDM try in my life, I guess I will switch to these kind of musics. This is short but please feedback.

Some good riffs here and good sound design also. The drums have good separation and are clear. Definitely worth progressing these ideas into a full track. Maybe add some vocal element would be good.

I agree that the sound design on one of the melodies is extremely good.
One thing which I think could be improved is the arrangement, by that I mean you could get rid of few of the melodies and keep one main melody with some added variations. Also if it's EDM you want to have some kind of rise and drop elements.
But other than that, the mix is great! :)

I agree that the bass and synths have a really nice full sound. Great job with that. The last comment makes a good point about EDM. If you aren't adding vocals, you will really want more energy put into transitions and dynamics. Having buildups and drops will really get the crowd moving with the track. So keep it up and think about that for your next track.

Drums are hitting hard but I don't know if the bass is too low or what but it doesn't seem to work cohesive in this track. I also like the sound and melody of the first synth but too many changes later on distract the overall flow of the arrangement in my opinion.

Back