Eye of the Storm - Progressive Trance

Loving the development on this. The fact that you made a 6 minute track that never really got boring is impressive.

I also liked how you took a normally generic arp (imo) and added the extra rising notes to bring interest. I think the kick could pop a bit more but that's just a stylistic choice for when I listen to EDM.

Overall a good track with nice atmosphere and arp usage. Keep doing good shit.

Cool track! Nice layers and panning on different elements. For me, I would like the snare/clap elements to cut through the mix even more. More side chain?

I think your concept is really cool how you don't use any samples. Very impressive :D

Nice track! The sound quality is very good.
I think the panning you used in the intro (high pluck panned totally right) is annoying.
I recommend you to bring that pluck to the center, because it's the 'lead' sound at that moment.
The pluck also sounds a bit too sharp, so try to equalize it a bit (or maybe bring it down an octave).
The voices you used are very nice and unique!

Great stuff man, very creative. Very good use of reverb on elements of the track to create an ambient atmosphere/space and some nice little repeating melody ideas which all fit together nicely.

The intro main lead is a bit too high pitched resulting in a somewhat sharp sound so bring the pitch down an octave or two and possibly a low pass with the EQ (only slightly). For me the snare/clap was a bit quiet so try using some compression (if you haven't already) or put a stronger sidechain on the snare/clap so it gets it's moment to shine : ). The downlifter at 6:20 was a bit quiet so try turning up the volume on it.

Good luck with your future tracks!

Appreciate the feedback. Tuning the lead down an octave definitely helped. Working on getting the snare/clap balanced more appropriately in the mix, too. Cheers!

Reminds me of something between Jean-Michelle Jarre and an Amiga game. That's a compliment :-)

Maybe though chuck something behind the synth intro, it seems a bit boring on its own. Also maybe emphasize your bass a little, perhaps add a little distortion or fuzz on it.

Last edited:
Great advice. Adding a fuzz filter was subtle but effective in carving out more of a place for the bass to move.

Thanks man. I brought the highest part down in a subsequent mix, though I do still have the chord progression climbing into the 5th octave.

Feedback returned.

Good track. The only thing is you're leads dont stand out enough. As far as level they're right. The problem is panning position. You just have one a little off right and then other, off left. From a listener's point of view it makes them a little fatiguing. I would put them through a short stereo delay, or image widener to make them take up more of the stereo image. Otherwise put them through a moderate pingpong delay with longer but synced time.

Last edited:
Back