C.O.Y. (DJ DazZ Afro Deep Mix Test)

djdazznj

Working on a remix project for a long established dance label (if you browse my Soundcloud you can figure it out pretty quickly which label) and was just looking for some feedback from someplace new.

It is currently 'instrumental only' because I am having a real fight with the vocals on this one. I'll spend some more time on those on my own, they are pretty rough. However, I did extract some midi from the vocals and dropped it on a synth patch that you will hear. It has a slow build up and very gradual laid back introduction to each of the elements so far. My personal style is more Roots NYC, Soulful, Deep, etc. more smoothed out stuff.

I am considering making this a bit more driving and adding some type of a more typical hi-hat and snare/clap/snap/stick whatever (you know what I mean). So have a listen, throw me some feedback, just want to improve. Thanks!

Last edited:
From what I see on my phone the soundcloud link is not what I typed in. Let me see if I can navigate all this mess from here or will when I get home. Meh!

Back