BrokenBass - MULU [Drum & Bass Night Session]

BrokenBassNL

Hey everyone!

Finally I pushed myself to finish a song again. After countless of shorts and unfinished songs I managed to push out an entire song in one night. I'm very satisfied with the outcome and if more people like it, I might think of investing some more time into an EP with more songs in this style.

Obviously I'm very open for feedback and this probably isn't the final release of the song. It still needs vocal(shorts) and I might even fully remaster it. Also haven't had the chance to listen to it with a decent subwoofer so I wouldn't be surprised if that needs some work.

FEEDBACK FOR FEEDBACK! :berzerk:

Last edited:
So I want to start off by saying I love this track. I always love that experimental bass ish and I really hear heavy influence by Pendulum which really hits home for me. That being said my only real critiques are that at 45 seconds I would take more elements out and maybe add a vocal sample then come back and hit hard with that DnB bassline & drums. Really depends what you're going for but overall this is really well mixed! Good shit man keep going!

So I want to start off by saying I love this track. I always love that experimental bass ish and I really hear heavy influence by Pendulum which really hits home for me. That being said my only real critiques are that at 45 seconds I would take more elements out and maybe add a vocal sample then come back and hit hard with that DnB bassline & drums. Really depends what you're going for but overall this is really well mixed! Good shit man keep going!

Thanks so much! I will surely add vocals once I can hit the studio, in a couple of weeks. Thanks again, means alot coming from you (damn your tracks are fire!).

Last edited:
Sound great for a track you did in one night, definitely deep bass wich is always good in dnb
Then the snare, it's good but it gets a bit lost in de bass. I would let it hit harder to get a tighter sound
Good quality track
Following you on soundcloud now, btw, Ik kom uit limburg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your feedback on my post. I'm not really into this type of music, but to my ear it sounds quite well mixed. However, I think the main issue with it is that there isn't really anything memorable in the chord progression. It needs something interesting in there, especially in the first part like an arpeggio or smth to get your listener hooked. Besides that it sounds really nice.

Sound great for a track you did in one night, definitely deep bass wich is always good in dnb
Then the snare, it's good but it gets a bit lost in de bass. I would let it hit harder to get a tighter sound
Good quality track
Following you on soundcloud now, btw, Ik kom uit limburg

Hartelijk dank! Rotterdam hier ;)

I hear what you mean on the snare and I agree. Will check out what I can do. Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your feedback on my post. I'm not really into this type of music, but to my ear it sounds quite well mixed. However, I think the main issue with it is that there isn't really anything memorable in the chord progression. It needs something interesting in there, especially in the first part like an arpeggio or smth to get your listener hooked. Besides that it sounds really nice.

You are right, the intro does sound a bit empty. I hope to fix this with some vocals I plan to add in later. Else an arpeggio is a very good alternative. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hey!

I think you got this genre well under control. I love how the drums are all over the place while still being tight as well as the sub bass pumping beneath the beat. The melodies and the sounds used works well for this track. As I unfortunately don't have proper studio monitors and I'm listening on headphones (although pretty neutral) I can't really give focused critique on the mix. Maybe the open hihat and the snare could have some more highs. Or maybe the open hihat is just a little too compressed by the bass. Anyway a dope track which is impossible to listen to without moving my feet. :)

Regards,

I'm on headphones and can't really comment on the lows. Very unusual and I like it. Used to listen to a lot of dnb. The snares and percussion should be turned up a tad. Like the panning effect. I think you remove the chords in more parts, just to focus on the drums and bass? Just my thoughts.

Hi mate

Thanks for my feedback, I like your track and I thought of pendulum as well when I heard it. I think It could do with a few more elements
to get it rocking a bit more like a vocal sample as suggested above. I am on headphones too but even on these it sounds good to me.
Well done and keep up the good work :)

Hey!

I think you got this genre well under control. I love how the drums are all over the place while still being tight as well as the sub bass pumping beneath the beat. The melodies and the sounds used works well for this track. As I unfortunately don't have proper studio monitors and I'm listening on headphones (although pretty neutral) I can't really give focused critique on the mix. Maybe the open hihat and the snare could have some more highs. Or maybe the open hihat is just a little too compressed by the bass. Anyway a dope track which is impossible to listen to without moving my feet. :)

Regards,

Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you liked it.

I'm on headphones and can't really comment on the lows. Very unusual and I like it. Used to listen to a lot of dnb. The snares and percussion should be turned up a tad. Like the panning effect. I think you remove the chords in more parts, just to focus on the drums and bass? Just my thoughts.

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

Hi mate

Thanks for my feedback, I like your track and I thought of pendulum as well when I heard it. I think It could do with a few more elements
to get it rocking a bit more like a vocal sample as suggested above. I am on headphones too but even on these it sounds good to me.
Well done and keep up the good work :)

Indeed it needs vocals. Thanks so much, I will post the result once I've added those in and did some other final tweaks.

Back