Brand new here, feedback wanted

rhorains

Hi, thanks for your time. I have made music off and on throughout the years and am back "on" as of now. I want to start doing the whole review/feedback thing because its new to me and seeme like fun, especially cos I'm feeling more serious these days about my music. I am nervous to give feedback to others bc idk if my music is good enough, or my technical knowledge/experience (very little). so I will happily tell you what I feel/think of your track but probably can't help..yet :-)

Here is my soundcloud and latest track

Name: Rho Rains
Believe by Rho Rains
Soundcloud.com/rhorains/believe

Last edited:
This tracks got a Super original sound. Their are a lot of empty sections in my opinion where a pad or some background sound could fill it up. The mix is a bit muddy to me so maybe cut some of the low frequencies of instruments/vocals that don't rely on them. Hope this helps a bit.

I was having the same thoughts after doing some basic 101 edm reading. The eq/compression are my next goals. And figuring out how to make everything "fit" in the eq box to not have overlapping muddle.
Thank you!

Hi Rho

This is very 80's electro which is a great thing to be ... I agree with the previous thread... it has a very unique sound. I don't mind the sparse sound (it reminds me of Kraftwerk) but maybe you might consider a few sound effects / ambient noises / industrial noises to act as a percussion accompaniment ... give it a little bit more ear-candy :-)

The mix is all over the place (though I'm no expert so I'm not the one to give you lots of advice) ... some patches/instruments are just too dominant (especially the very deep drone at 30 sec into the track) ... it's also very resonant and it seems to overpower everything else so maybe have another go at mixing this part.

I'd also drive the chorus a little bit more (especially the synth brass parts) ... make people get off their backsides and dance... the brass part is a definite winner but it needs something underneath (funky bass? more powerful drums?) ... dunno ... just something but the brass
'hook' is great.

Anyway, hope this feedback helps a little bit ... good luck.

I left a little feedback on soundcloud and followed you as well :-)
I like the chord progression but at some points the synth becomes very difficult to hear
The vocals also at some points sound a little distorted
I like the overall idea and vibe of the track though, keep it up!
If you could check out my latest track and leave a little feedback and maybe even get your vote that sure would be appreciated! :-)
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-electro-house-feedback-will-returned-512772/

First off, welcome to FutureProducers!

Cool ideas you got showing here. I think this track has a few part which could be improved on. I love the bongo like drums but you may want to add some individual velocities to each it to make it less robotic. The other thing is just working on the mix. The drums should be loudest then the sub right under the kick, and make sure you ajust the eq so the bass only hits the low to mid's leaving some space for the snares and lead melody. I like the vocals, but if you were to adjust the parametric EQ, the singing would be less muddied. Just my two cents, nice Manu-Chao vibe you got.

Back