BangMa's Noose NEW* Electronic Music*F4F, Check This Out! Comments?

◮CYAN◭

◮CYAN◭
Haven't had the most time lately to make music...But a few Days ago I broke the sound barrier again

Here it is with a new addition, Enjoy!!! I'm getting pretty good these days :)

F4f, Always do my best to return feeds!

Thanks for stoppin in

Tx I just added that section today and I believe it's the only track that isn't Heavily sidechained...I think it is lightly sidchained...but I know what you mean.

After I added that part today I was so happy I said, "done" lol and now I'm onto the next project, lol

thanks for the listen...I've listened to this track over 100 times already, can't get enough of it lol....probably 1 of my best accomplishments to date.

cheers

Woah. This is some wild stuff. It is extremely difficult for me to judge this, because I dont know what exactly you are aiming at.
There is some incredible stuff going on with the drums and I like it sounds like a jungle of different sounds and melodies, etc.

Sometimes it feels a bit like the samples you are using and the synthies are a tiny bit too simple, but maybe you intended it this way! Nevertheless I would love to hear this with richer sounders than this. Add Sound Effects, Crashs, etc. and this might become really epic!
And Thank you for the amazing feedback you gave me. I am sad I cant give something just as detailed, because this is really difficult to judge. A very unusual song!

No samples were harmed in the production of this track lol...

yeah other than kick samples, this is all synths...melodies from scratch. Thx for the listen and feedback!

I like it a lot it has a funky and catchy beat. I love how snappy the snare sounds. It's busy but not in a bad way it fits together really well. I agree with the poster above. There is a lot of potential with this track and with a little more love I think it could be a great jam. I'd like to hear it again if you make any changes to it!

Last edited:
Hey Cyan, how are you doing?

Well man, I would say 2 main things about your track:

1 - Your whole background (by that I mean: percussion, bass, timbres) is great. However, the main melody seems to be kinda a mix of simple ones you've already done (actually you said that in one of your replies). It's good to see you have that arsenal up your sleeve, but what if you just put one of them as main rythym? Especially for the 0.26 secs when background wears off and the melody is lighten up - It will be great listening to it. Of course, create another support sounds to the main melody (like bridge to chorus or build up to drop), but give your track a perfil, something that everyone who listens to recognizes.

2 - Really liked your 1'08 secs beat sequence, it's sick (it's short too, but still!). Good job man!

Luke I appreciate you stopping by and the feedback.

I agree about "giving it some more love". I like to work a a very quick pace so as to not lose the moment.....So my music gets very "stacked" with everything, melodies in particular. I post my projects very soon in the early stages, for feedback sake./

So this is still in a very conceptual stage, very much so. What I do from here is clean up the melodies, pick and choose, and give everything more space....then I'll even look deeper into the WAveform Spectrum of the specific notes and tie the melodies closer together and give everything more space, judge which angle or direction the sound comes from, and try to paint a better picture/waveform that better represents the image i'm trying to create. Right now it's like a collage of ideas and melodies, and I need to hone in on the image i'm trying to make. So I listen to this track a few hundred times now and try to rework it, EQ it better, remove frequencies that collide or take away from each other.

Right now I have to clean away a lot of the unnecessary freqs and EQ it differently... I think that will give everything more room, and some panning, maybe playing with the compression(open/close)...make everything dance around the spectrum more fluidly.

i'm rambling a bit but this is how I work things out, talk it out loud, think of the theory behind my methods. i'm onto the next project but I think I'll try rework this track with some new knowledge and see how it goes.

Yuehan, thanks for taking the time to listen and give good feedback!

I appreciate what you're saying, and i agree 100%.

I actually have about 30 different versions of this track, 30+ bounces....and somewhere along the way I took the track in the direction that I did. In my last post I outlined my plans for this track and cleaning up the melodies, picking and choosing, glueing them together better and giving a better sense/feel of direction.

in the 0.26 sec mark I originally did what you expected...I had 1 main melody and let the listener single it out and get a good feel for it and I made a very nice groove with it...its a great melody/groove I originally had chosen.

But then I had this idea of a drastic change, and so I opted to take the track in a different direction.

The main reason I did that....and why I usually do that.....is to "stack" the track with multiple grooves and melodies....so later when I expand this whole song into a 3-4minute song...I have multiple ready made melodies and feels to choose from....like you mention in your comment...an "Arsenal"...it helps with my workload and creative process.

I never have much time to make music, so I tend to leak my projects out early and as you've noticed, this track is far from perfect or complete, far from the image I am hoping to create.

I'm still learning, as fast as I can....and I feel very soon that I will be good enough to start making cleaner tracks all around.

So right now lot's of my tracks are very stacked with ideas and incomplete....like a Painter with lots of heart and concept but who isn't quite able to portray the art perfectly because technical ability is holding him back. Music is my thing, from a young age, so I have lots to share and look forward to when I gain enough technical ability to paint the music perfectly everytime.

thanks for the great feedback

Last edited:
Oh, I see. That's pretty nice, Cyan, good strategy to make inspiration (that, as we both know, seems to have life itself and only appears when it wants or when we take a deep breath to connect with it heh) take place all in one scratch track.
I want to see where it is going, and when you finish it, I'll listen to.

Hm, if you can, please check here: Ready To Live

◮CYAN◭;49826104 said:
Luke I appreciate you stopping by and the feedback.

I agree about "giving it some more love". I like to work a a very quick pace so as to not lose the moment.....So my music gets very "stacked" with everything, melodies in particular. I post my projects very soon in the early stages, for feedback sake./

So this is still in a very conceptual stage, very much so. What I do from here is clean up the melodies, pick and choose, and give everything more space....then I'll even look deeper into the WAveform Spectrum of the specific notes and tie the melodies closer together and give everything more space, judge which angle or direction the sound comes from, and try to paint a better picture/waveform that better represents the image i'm trying to create. Right now it's like a collage of ideas and melodies, and I need to hone in on the image i'm trying to make. So I listen to this track a few hundred times now and try to rework it, EQ it better, remove frequencies that collide or take away from each other.

Right now I have to clean away a lot of the unnecessary freqs and EQ it differently... I think that will give everything more room, and some panning, maybe playing with the compression(open/close)...make everything dance around the spectrum more fluidly.

i'm rambling a bit but this is how I work things out, talk it out loud, think of the theory behind my methods. i'm onto the next project but I think I'll try rework this track with some new knowledge and see how it goes.

It's interesting to hear another person's processes they go through while building their track. It can be pretty informative too.

I usually get inspired by just toying around with different sounds until I find something that gets me excited and just build from there. I can picture what I want a track to sound like in my head but at this point it's not too easy for me to take an idea from my head and producing the sound the way I hear it through my DAW. I imagine that will come with more practice though.

Back