Critique My New Beat!

the arrangements and melodies are working out, sounds a bit like ace of base on meth (and thats not a bad thing), but why did you leave out any instruments/mixing in the low mid ranges?

The mid range question is a good one... Im going back to the lab and looking that up. Thank you!

Sweeping the filtering is a bit overpowering at the beginning and I agree about the mid range. I suspect that using a filter and killing the sound completely is lost on most people. Sweeping it and leaving the vestages of sound is possibly more acceptable to those who dont understand what you are doing - i.e. most of the people out there.

Otherwise well produced.

Who is the target market?

Sweeping the filtering is a bit overpowering at the beginning and I agree about the mid range. I suspect that using a filter and killing the sound completely is lost on most people. Sweeping it and leaving the vestages of sound is possibly more acceptable to those who dont understand what you are doing - i.e. most of the people out there.

Otherwise well produced.

Who is the target market?

Thanks for all the great feedback. I REALLY appreciate it!

Im starting to hate this beat. The Chorus melody really sounds like a dog in pain... lol
I guess its back to the lab and not steer to far left on my next projects.

listening...

this drop was crazy! This is sounds good, I like the drum pattern you use, simple really IS better! This sounds pretty far out subject wise too, def. a cool beat. Keep it up!

it sounds great but for this specific beat i think a sub bassline instead of the bass kick would further liven things up

yup, just add bass.. LOL

Nice ass beat, i think so..

EDIT:
upload some sounds and pm me.. not drums.. lol, j/p you dont have too though

Last edited:
Back