2 New R&B Beats, Will Return FEED!!

They need some work man, that is my honest opinion. You would be best served doing some reading on music theory and chord progressions. Other than that, the instrument choices need some help also.

Exactly, no hating here, just trying to give you some constructive criticism. We all need to practice.

I appreciate it but if I'm honest, I haven't learnt anything from what you guys have told me, could you tell me WHY you think that, and how I could make it better please?

All i've learnt from you is that my beats don't sound very good haha :P

Hey RandolphBeats,

Took a few mins out to check out your 2 new beats (and some others while i was there). I'd have to agree with the other dudes, a little work needed... Honestly, the drums sound pretty good, but I just don't think your melodies are harmonising well at all. It seems like there are all these different layers which are not complementing each other in a structural or melodic relationship. Not sure whether you're making sure that your melodies are at least in the same key or in the corresponding natural keys, but it just seems to me that they are clashing. Also sometimes it seems that the synth melodies are not timed too well against the melody.

That's my honest opinion, and i'm not hatin' or anything, just trying to help.

Peace,
[j]

Back