What song did Kanye West Sample on "Slow Jamz"

Soulful-Alibaster

I heared it on the radio today, an I didn't catch the name of the song, or artist...
Also what is the name of the song where there is a bridge where the dude is telling a story... like...
"I played my records till I just didn't wanna hear them."

I don't know the exact words, but the song is dope, an I hear it on the Soul Station, an I have no idea who it is.

Cyko said:
The Artist bro the artist
NO FVCKING DUH!!!
Is the song Kanye Sampled Luthor Vandross, or is the other song Luthor Vandross, an if it is do you know the name of the song!
Please read my top post again.

Soulful-Alibaster said:
I heared it on the radio today, an I didn't catch the name of the song, or artist...
Also what is the name of the song where there is a bridge where the dude is telling a story... like...
"I played my records till I just didn't wanna hear them."

I don't know the exact words, but the song is dope, an I hear it on the Soul Station, an I have no idea who it is.

For someone who has such musical foundation and knowledge, I'm surprised you dont know Luther Vandross' "A House is Not a Home," or the Lenny Williams "Cause I Love You." R Kelly stole his style from him the last 6 years, and it was sampled in Twistas "Overnight Celebrity."

Com'on turkey Baster

bigdogsdontbarkloud said:
For someone who has such musical foundation and knowledge, I'm surprised you dont know Luther Vandross' "A House is Not a Home," or the Lenny Williams "Cause I Love You." R Kelly stole his style from him the last 6 years, and it was sampled in Twistas "Overnight Celebrity."

Com'on turkey Baster
"Such Musical foundation and knowledge."
Why are you constantly such a douchebag? Besides I hardly ever listen to R&B, only on the Radio.
Besides, thanks for telling me.

Last edited:
Soopafly408 said:
That ni99a Kanye sampled "Cause I Love You" a few times.

I was mad when he did that. That song is over 7 minutes long. And it is probably one of the more soulful song of any in Soul music.

Kanye didn't do it justice. . .

I was mad when he did that. That song is over 7 minutes long. And it is probably one of the more soulful song of any in Soul music.

Yeah, thanks... I love this song so much too.

Yo, how does kanye sample with the asr-10?

I've always wondered about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you have the drive to be a producer and then "hardly ever listen to R&B"? Wow.
Even if you do strictly Rap and Hip Hop, R&B goes along with those in one way or the other...

Precious P. said:
How can you have the drive to be a producer and then "hardly ever listen to R&B"? Wow.
Even if you do strictly Rap and Hip Hop, R&B goes along with those in one way or the other...

Its about taste, some people just don't like R&B.

There are people who don't like R&B?? WTF`?!?!?
What's next?! People not liking Kanye West????

Damn....I thought I was the only one that felt that way...LOL...

I don't know, but I think he got around to reading the manual.

I knew he was mentored by No-ID, but I guess if you can't be mentored, the manual is a great stepping stone.

sampleing in the ASR is the same as any full sampler. sample into it. set up key ranges and set start and end points for each chop. Not hard to do, maybe a little tedious, but setting up a sample so that it starts on teh 1 and end on the 4 makes it easier. for instance if you chop up a 4 bar loop on the asr and you want it into 4 chops. You can take advantage of the slider on the ASR and go from 0-99 and just do the math or if you want 8 chops of 16 chops.

Back