problem recording vinyl to computer using cool edit

KeyNeezy

For The Win
what up all

aiight so i have a stanton T92 usb turntable...and i was using to obviously to sample from vinyl

the program it came with was cakewalk audio editor LE and it is a dope program for this..recorded everything perfectly, high quality...

but the trial ran out today..i'm a little strapped for cash now so i turned to my old cool edit program i had..figure i could probably do the exact same thing as i did in cakewalk

now i got it to record through cool edit, but the problem is it records EVERYTHING...background noises, everything..music is low quality too..i have all the settings i used in cakewalk in cool edit as well

anybody with experience know how i can get around this?

thanks

You are using the usb to record? Have you tried recording from the phono/line output? Are you listening to the record through speakers at the same time? How does it sound through the speakers?

yes i'm trying to record through the USB..i'm listening through my AV40 m-audio monitors...i mean it was sounding really great using cakewalk...but cool edit no so much

i haven't tried recording from the line output yet though

yes i'm trying to record through the USB..i'm listening through my AV40 m-audio monitors..

So does it sound the same while you are not recording? Because I doubt that Cool Edit is the cause of your problem.

Back