Need Helping Changing Turntable's Needle & Cartridge

D. Rodriguez

For X-mas I recieved a turntable, ION iProfile to be exact. It was made so you can record your records directly onto your ipod, but in my case I'm using it for finding samples. I have everything connected correctly & have recorded records using Audacity. I noticed the needle's quality is really bad so I want to buy a new needle & cartridge but the problem is there is no way I can unscrew/take off/remove the turntable's stylus. Does anybody know if there's actually a way to remove it so I can replace it with a new one?

Keep in mind I have a few records in perfect condition & still get a not so good quality when I let them play so it's not my records.

Help or advice would be appreciated.

Not sure if you can with that model. I'm not sure but I say this because on their website all turntables have a "Might We Suggest" and this is the only model that doesn't say cartridge w/stylus.

Does it say anything in the manual?

Maybe someone here knows for sure, if not I'd call ION

Not sure if you can with that model. I'm not sure but I say this because on their website all turntables have a "Might We Suggest" and this is the only model that doesn't say cartridge w/stylus.

Does it say anything in the manual?

Maybe someone here knows for sure, if not I'd call ION

I haven't read the manual yet but ima read it tonight & if I still can't find a solution ima call ION. Thank you!

Im pretty sure you can't but you should be able to exchange it for one that can be upgraded. Also all turntables can be recorded to your computer for use with your ipod using audacity.

Back