mpc or mv800

ckp

i just need to know which one is better an mpc400(kinda old) or a (kinda new) mv8000 i already have final scratch for record sampling and **** i just need to know which samples cleaner i used both and they both sound the same so holla back if yall don't mind!

Spec-wise i think the mv8000 wins but a lot of people still swear by their MPCs. It's probably a better idea to try each one and see which you prefer using, because they're both so powerful you probably wont miss anything from the other one

yeah i have an older mpc4000 and it's great but the guy at guitar center says that the mv8000's more expensive for reasons like cleaner sampling better production, but i think it's bull**** nas has bought one of my beats from my mpc4000 and when i send **** to stillmatic on the mv8000 they say the samples aren't clean enough even when i use soundforge to shave off the extra **** they said it's not clean enough so i think my mpc4000's givin me more reason to keep using it over the mv8000!

i went from an mpc2000 to mv8000. with minimal experience. lets just say my beats were alot better and complete on the mv8000. it intimidated me at first. but with the manual and playing around with it, its easy to use. And i was so brainwashed by the mpc family. They are great machines but im glad i picked up the mv8000. honestly they all do the same thing and thats make music. its how u master the machine. either way ur good. go with the best deal.

Xabiton said:
the 4k is nice especailly if ur just sampling. the mv is more for all around production imo

well the mpc is for all around production to, what pissed me off about the mv is that it didnt let you preview patches, so i got me a fantom s, thinkin on a mpc 60 now

fivestar said:

lol, i'll belive it when i see it, what will you do with the mpd?

a gift to your son???:rolleyes: lol
your gonna have to earn it ur great grandma needs a spongebath get to work. and u missed that bump under her tit last time dont let it happen again.

well this is funny cause the mpc 4000 is a higher clarity sampling rate than the mv so it makes sence that the 4000 would be cleaner sound....
i find it odd that you would ever have a beat sent back fr it not being a clean enough sample unless it was way bad....
i know plenty of cats with mpc 60's an 2000xl's that get there beats with major artists and they're no where near as clear as either the 4000 or the mv.

flux302 said:
well this is funny cause the mpc 4000 is a higher clarity sampling rate than the mv so it makes sence that the 4000 would be cleaner sound....
i find it odd that you would ever have a beat sent back fr it not being a clean enough sample unless it was way bad....
i know plenty of cats with mpc 60's an 2000xl's that get there beats with major artists and they're no where near as clear as either the 4000 or the mv.

it's not that,it's just the producers didn't feel that the sample was clean enough i sampled my girl from the temptations, and in the background it sounds like it's still on the vinyl cause of the crackling, then it stops and it just sounded weird to him i guess,i re sampled it with a 4000 and they finally bought it!

Back