Has a big name producer ever used a sample that you used first?

AJfriedRice

First, I made this song a few months ago:

and then...Kanye & Jay-Z drop this last week:

when the beat first drops, it sounds almost EXACTLY like my beat..i couldn't believe it lol

has this happened to anyone else?

Yep. A couple times or I flipped a sample and heard an old song I never heard before flip it the same way.

a long time ago i tried to flip a cameo joint but failed. a few months later, this comes out:

mannie fresh looped the same part i tried to loop.

happened to me with Jay-Z/Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind. I sampled Love on a 2 way street and made a track on my MPC in 2000/2001. somebody broke into the studio and stole most of the equipment including all my zip disks. i got set back years from that incident.

then Empire State of Mind game out. **** you Jay-Z.

happened to me with Jay-Z/Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind. I sampled Love on a 2 way street and made a track on my MPC in 2000/2001. somebody broke into the studio and stole most of the equipment including all my zip disks. i got set back years from that incident.

then Empire State of Mind game out. **** you Jay-Z.

Lmao you cant be serious? You really think Jay Z hired a crew to bust into some random producers house to get a massive hit song which he would then wait years and years to release. I wanna hear your music you must be superrr dope

I swear "Love On A Two-Way Street" by the Moments has been sampled a ton. I don't think the Jay-Z version is that special. Track is only really good because of Alicia Keys.

Happens all the time, always the best when it's a rare find.

i sampled the same vocal chops from Swagger Like Us before it came out...didnt even like Kanyes beat that much

i'm not saying that someone stole my track and made empire state of mind. i was just stating what happened when i made that track.

Hasn't happened to me YET, haha i have noticed a few loops etc in my packs that have been used before by more local people which is pretty cool.

Just make sure you copyright your stuff and if you have it posted up on the web then the chances are they listening to your style.

Back