Dr. Dre's samples

Styl

Last edited:
He still samples alot...

Alot of his inspiration came from George Clinton... see: California Love

But he still samples or has alot of basslines replayed... etc.

I would say 95%+ of Dre's stuff is based on sample even if it's replayed. I can't think of a sample-less song he's done actually.

jizzer said:
I would say 95%+ of Dre's stuff is based on sample even if it's replayed. I can't think of a sample-less song he's done actually.

Yea... he's def. been sued more than any producer I know...

jizzer said:

lol....Outta Control and the remix. But yeah, thats all I can think off. Dre, the Interpolation King. Lol at him being sued by LucasFilm for using the THX sound without permission. Blatant.

That_beat_aint_right said:

lol....Outta Control and the remix. But yeah, thats all I can think off.

Thats just because the interpolation hasnt been found yet.

And he actually ASKED them if he could use that for the intro of 2001 and they said no, and he still used it. LMAO.

Last edited:
Dre replays most of the **** that comes out. Well his players do anyway. If he has an idea he will have them replay it otherwise its really just a jam session from what i understand. Dre is a hip hop God.

"lol....Outta Control and the remix. But yeah, thats all I can think off. Dre, the Interpolation King. Lol at him being sued by LucasFilm for using the THX sound without permission. Blatant."

haha the story behind that is more of ego tho; he asked lucas for permission & was rejected. but he was like "im dr.dre, i do what i want *****."

the funniest dre "sampling" story i heard was when he was playin tupac a beat 1 time @ deathrow, DAZ dillinger walked in & was like "dude, thats my beat!"

haha thats the worst, most blatent sampling ever!!!!!

but 4 real man, he needs to learn to chop, that loopy loopy has no skill.

he's got a little team of musicians people he works with in the studio when he's writing stuff, with his five mpc 3000's!

the truthe™ said:
but 4 real man, he needs to learn to chop, that loopy loopy has no skill.

Guess that's why everybody he co-signs and breaks does 4 mil+ right out the gates...

See: Em, 50, Game...

And also notice that with each album after MMLP, Em moved away from Dre...and his albums got progressively worst...

That's true for 50 also... 1st album... Excellent, G-Unit album... garbage, 2nd album... trash

Gotta be somethin to it...

i dunno man I thought the Eminem Show was his best work tho I can see where MMLP could be argued. I like ES kuz it showed he could do more than talk **** about boy bands and thats where u saw more of his real skill tho my favorite song of his is Marshal Mathers.

nah, kid 848. without startin an e-beef i think you misunderstood what im saying! i think the mutha****a can, in his own words, "move units" but that doesnt mean that it takes skill to loop. he knows his records, & he has a good team & ear. but i dont like how people make out he's a neptunes or a timbo or a jay dee or a madlib.

the truthe™ said:
nah, kid 848. without startin an e-beef i think you misunderstood what im saying! i think the mutha****a can, in his own words, "move units" but that doesnt mean that it takes skill to loop. he knows his records, & he has a good team & ear. but i dont like how people make out he's a neptunes or a timbo or a jay dee or a madlib.
Im not seeing how any of these guys should be mentioned in the same breath as Dre. Who cares about looping a sample or chopping it it doesnt take much more skill to chop a beat and rearrange it. Chops are just smaller loops Im not gettin it really

the truthe™ said:

... Who cares whether it's a loop or a chop?

Make good f'n music...

you "hip hop purists" really kill me w/ the bs you spew all the time. Are you going to tell me that California Love isn't a Top 5 song of all time?...

And umm... Timbo samples the majority of his stuff... it just so happens he samples arabian and asian ish you've never heard in your life and the Neptunes are HIGHLY over-rated. They got into the game based on a fad (spacey sounds)... and they get WAY too much credit. How can you call them great "producers"... yet, the Neptunes have put out nothing but garbage... See: Kelis, Nore, Clipse... the only thing I'd give them is ODB's N-igga Please.

Same goes for Timbo... Jade... Bubba Sparxx, all flops... Timbo puts out alot more heat the the 'Tunes'... but people hail these dudes' like they're production gods...

And I'm not even goin to get into Mad-Lib and Jay Dee, I haven't heard alot of their ish, but what I have heard...wasn't that good...

^come on man u cant knock Timbo and the Neptunes. Ill give u JDilla and Madlib but u gotta leave Timbaland and the Neptunes outta this

Some of us just need to worry about our own beats instead of going into detail about what others have done.

Back