Clearing out

Nicro

I'm thinking about getting rid of a nice chunk of my records. I'm starting to get more serious about digging now and don't like having a bunch of BS taking up space. My plan is to see if my local record store would be willing to trade a good amount of whack for a smaller amount of dope. Don't know if they will bite but it would be better than nothing.

Anyone else ever done a little housecleaning in regards to digging?

I did this about a year and a half ago. Didn't bother with trying to sell them to a record store. Put them on Craigslist. Wrote out all the titles, wrote "great for sampling" at the bottom (lol) and sold them within like 2 hours. Sold about 250 records for $175

Haha, I hate it when I see records online with "great breaks and samples" when they got nothing good on them. Of course, if it's payed with paypal and there isn't any breaks, the buyer could claim refund.. "Great for sampling" is too subjective for that though.

I did this about a year and a half ago. Didn't bother with trying to sell them to a record store. Put them on Craigslist. Wrote out all the titles, wrote "great for sampling" at the bottom (lol) and sold them within like 2 hours. Sold about 250 records for $175

Hahaha! Genius!

hahaha well there were some good samples in the batch, but ya still very subjective. The dude who bought them obviously was a new jack and didnt really know what he was doing...thats his bad lol

i always try to either sell my records or force someone to take them all or nothing for free so as not to pollute the waters at the local thrift stores. take the worst/crappiest ones and offer them for free or dirt cheap on craigslist. then when they ask you if you have anything to sell offer them the "better" ones.

thats how one of the HPBs i go to was for a while until this new guy took over..I'm pissed too, I applied for the job, just wanted a part time gig to get first dibs on records, they were looking for a full time and took this clown...lol

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I think a lot of HPBs are starting to realize there's some money to be made on records. sucks. I remember when everything (except for clearance records) were $1.98, now everything starts at $3.98. Hell a lot of the classic rock is now like $5 and up. Luckily all my jazz and soul records mean nothing to them and usually go straight to the clearance bin..except for the isaac hayes', isley bros', marvin gayes, etc. etc.

Back