Vocalz

K

Kaboom Productions

I want to know how to track vocals ..How much times should i record the vocals,, How much tracks of vocalz should i have.I know im supposed to have the lead vocals and background vocals, but songs i listen to i hear a lot of vocals take coming from left and right panned. somebody help me plz

Yeah a lot of hip hop songs have double ups on vocals i.e. they record more than one take of the vocals to add effect (when panned in different locations) and emphisis (when certain words are said more tyan others).

It all depends on what type of song it is (up-tempo or down-tempo) and just what sounds good. Try recording vocals once and save the project (dunno what software you're using) and then add double ups and pan them in different areas and compare. Its all about trial and error. You're lead vocals should always be in the centre, the double ups should be panned.

Just do what sounds best and then you'll start to learn about what sounds better for other times.

Listen to some songs that are similar to the one you are recording and see what they are doing about vocals, if you think that sounds good then imitate it and do the same for your song.

Hope that helps!

SP

Back