vocal effects on this song?? help...

C

chalin111

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what vocal
effects Chino (deftones) is using on this song:

http://www.savefile.com/files/7054526

Hit 'download now' and then 'download' again to get the song.

The song is called "Elite". The song immediately opens with a fierce voice. Is that distortion on there? What do you think he's using?

Any help would be cool..thanx...

This is from google.com

an audio effect that produces "robotic" sounding results when processing vocal input. It uses an algorithm called ring modulation to produce the effect. Examples can be found in some disco and modern music, such as the Beastie Boys' "Intergalactic". play

after reading that I would second guess and say some kinda filter

Dreaminginstereo

do you think it could be a vocoder? because i tried running my mic through two filters and i turned up the EQ high mid setting like about 80% and it sounds close..but still sounds too thin. It's like it needs to be clouded with another voice or something.. i'm not sure..this one's tough...

I havent heard the track but what your talking about sounds like a vocoder...Im pretty sure a vocoder splits the signal and gets one signal to filter the other...ring modulation sounds right..anyhow, it can sound very "Thick" also, you know that you play the midi notes that you want to hear with a vocoder...so, its cool for doing harmonies, i love em

well i use pro tools..lol..i don't think they have a vocoder :(

Back