Vocal Alignment in Pro Tools

K1NGofDBP

I just got Pro Tools and am beginning mixing and mastering, I import my vocals from Audacity and my biggest issue is aligning the vocals on beat by dragging. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do it? Or if you have any tips, it takes forever and even then I feel like its off beat. Anything would help thank you!!!

Hey!

Before you export from Audacity, you need to consolidate the entire vocal track from the end of the vocal to the beginning of the session. Now your wav file will be from the start of the session to the end of the audio. After this is done, importing into pro tools will ensure that your vocal is in the correct place, because the beginning of the consolidated track will be at the beginning of the pro tools session, instead of just a small wav file with audio in it. No moving/aligning!

If you want to see any specific videos on my YouTube channel, NextLevelRecording, take a look at them and let me know what specific things you want to learn and I'll make a video for them. Also, check out our website, NextLevelRecording.com!

- Marcus

Back