Tip for eqing drums for FL users

brodel34

For the people who like to chop their drums from breaks and make kits and such.. especially the fl users. Don't use fl plugins! Im just now realizing that fl studios plugins arekinda bunk.. ive come to this realization by branching out and using different plugins. Ive had waves plugins for a while and a few of them are my main go-to for certain things, but i always kinda figured all eq plugins (parametric eq's for instance) are the same. Not the case.

For the people who like to chop their drums from breaks and make kits and such.. especially the fl users. Don't use fl plugins! Im just now realizing that fl studios plugins arekinda bunk.. ive come to this realization by branching out and using different plugins. Ive had waves plugins for a while and a few of them are my main go-to for certain things, but i always kinda figured all eq plugins (parametric eq's for instance) are the same. Not the case.

All my success comes from the native FL plugins, I don't see how this is a valid tip.

If something is doing the same thing, how is one better suited for that specific function you're using it for? It makes no sense man.

If you could elaborate on that and actually be more persuasive maybe one could believe you, just my 0.02.

the fl parametric eq is not the same as other eq plugins thats how. Ive had all my success from those plugins too... but i found out im wqsting my time and could be using BETTER ones. Try it for yourself.

People always blame the software. FL plugs are pretty good. The Parametric EQ is just the same as any other. For things like Flanger, Reverb and the like, you might want to go 3rd party but they're not bad at all.

am i the only cat who uses mostly fl's stock vsts? i think i have maybe 4 or 5 extra vsts but i don't even use them i'm just always tinkering with the stock vsts so much that i want to own them before i start grabbin this and that. I like to master my weapons before i pick up a new one for battle.

It's a naive assumption to instantly assume that it's the guy behind the software and not the software itself. In many cases this is correct, however, each different plugin (depending on the source manufacture) will have different algorithms and as such, produce a slightly different ''flavour'' to the sound.

An example - when I use a Limiter to finish off a beat, I dial in the exact same settings into 4 different limiters (usually Voxengo, FabFilter, Fruity Limiter or Waves L2) and I guarantee you this, each Limiter adds it's own individual flavour to the finished product.

In this scenario, the Fruity Limiter usually loses out. Does it mean it's trash? No. But, for my style of music, other limiters gives my beats a more pleasing end-result.

Experiment.

Last edited:
It's a naive assumption to instantly assume that it's the guy behind the software and not the software itself. In many cases this is correct, however, each different plugin (depending on the source manufacture) will have different algorithms and as such, produce a slightly different ''flavour'' to the sound.

An example - when I use a Limiter to finish off a beat, I dial in the exact same settings into 4 different limiters (usually Voxengo, FabFilter, Fruity Limiter or Waves L2) and I guarantee you this, each Limiter adds it's own individual flavour to the finished product.

In this scenario, the Fruity Limiter usually loses out. Does it mean it's trash? No. But, for my style of music, other limiters gives my beats a more pleasing end-result.

Experiment.

My thoughts exactly.

Back