T- racks or waves?

again i really appreciate the feedback,i apologize for asking such an noob question and starting a waves vs t- racks war lol. but i mix with cubase 5.5 stock plugs and i feel its time to step up. this is a mix i did with all stock plugs. except i have free vst loudmax on master bus. also im returning brand new onmisphere to get t-racks so its either keep omni or get better mixing plugs. i feel i have enough sounds for awhile and better tools seem apparently needed. HERES MIX >>
MP3 Player SoundClick
Why u getting rid of omnisphere? I hear it's one of the best synths on the market.

"As someone earlier in this thread mentioned, i just had a #1 single (my third) which had T Racks plastered all over the lead vocals"

Hey Chris....I saw the email and wanted to sent out a congrads, but I just been too busy.....so let me do that now if I can. Congrads Chris on yet another one! Man you are making me want to stick with only using T-Racks...no kidding!

Obi looks like I will be hitting you up for the black & white singles! I was waiting for a sale, but I can't wait anymore..lol.

T Racks is great software and deep. I haven't even used all of the modules in it in the almost 6 months I've had it. I stay on the classic EQ and the black and white compressors

These 2 software types are very different and neither are my main tools because there is better than either IMO. Of course with Waves there is a huge scope simply due to the large no. of plugins available. You really need to demo the ones you need. if you are interested in T-Tracks you will want to demo the 'emulation' type plug ins from waves as a closer comparison. Waves create a lot of clean surgical and problem solving type plug ins as well.

Check the demo's out, I am sure there are usable plugs in both suites. Of course T-Racks will be a little cheaper.

SafeandSound Mastering
online mastering studio

I'm a big Waves fan, but I did use T-Racks when it first came out - all bright and yellow! - Sounded great, though.

"As someone earlier in this thread mentioned, i just had a #1 single (my third) which had T Racks plastered all over the lead vocals"

Hey Chris....I saw the email and wanted to sent out a congrads, but I just been too busy.....so let me do that now if I can. Congrads Chris on yet another one! Man you are making me want to stick with only using T-Racks...no kidding!

Obi looks like I will be hitting you up for the black & white singles! I was waiting for a sale, but I can't wait anymore..lol.

Awesome, you'll love the tones they bring to the table! :cheers:

Actually T-Racks as a whole gets rave reviews and is used by mastering and mix engineers the world over. The best thing to do in your situation is to download the T-Racks demo and compare for yourself. They definitely sound "real" with our component level modeling.

lol I really doubt that *legit* mastering engineers are using T-racks....

I could say the same about your mastering services. I mean if you doubt T-Racks is being used by REAL professionals and all I doubt your experience in the industry. Boom.

I could say the same about your mastering services. I mean if you doubt T-Racks is being used by REAL professionals and all I doubt your experience in the industry. Boom.

:4theloveofgod:are u serious man? I mean, great mixes can be done ITB....but mastering?? with plug-ins??? you've gotta be kidding me...

I still stand by what I said. I ain't got time to dig up the long list of engineers using T-Racks and other IK products on their hits. Even engineers in this thread have had commercial success using T-Racks on their songs.

I still stand by what I said. I ain't got time to dig up the long list of engineers using T-Racks and other IK products on their hits. Even engineers in this thread have had commercial success using T-Racks on their songs.

again man....engineers or MASTERING engineers? back when I was mixing I used IK's miroslav philharmonik A LOT, and I loved it. So I'm not specifically bashing IK or T-racks....but to say that mastering engineers use t-racks is simply absurd. I mean seriously, find me a website of a mastering engineer that lists t-racks as a plug-in they use...

Waves by a long run. The wholes waves 8, 9, and NLS Bundles. I love the API's for eq, their linear eq, they even have a linear multiband dynamic processor that is great for mastering. That's unheard of to me. Waves is unbelievable.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

I understand that mastering with outboard gear is better. But if u have recorded a track at 176.4khz 32 bit and you u kno what you're doing as far as mastering u can't tell me it doesn' good. I've done it and played the tracks to engineers who has 20 plus years in the industry and they had nothing but positive things to say and these are engineers from the analog age

I understand that mastering with outboard gear is better. But if u have recorded a track at 176.4khz 32 bit and you u kno what you're doing as far as mastering u can't tell me it doesn' good. I've done it and played the tracks to engineers who has 20 plus years in the industry and they had nothing but positive things to say and these are engineers from the analog age

I'm not saying it can't be done. I could certainly do a good ITB master, and I have in the past offered ITB mastering for some of my super broke clients. but would any mastering engineer prefer to use plug-ins over analog? no way

Last edited:
Waves feeling mechanical depends on which plugin u are using. Waves have alot of plugins with the hardware interfaces like what t racks is doing. I like waves better for that plus the big variety of plugins they have t racks dont even come close

I don't master anything so excuse my ignorance but what difference does it really make if its itb or not when it comes to mastering? Since when is a tool not a tool and its only as good as the person using it?

I don't master anything so excuse my ignorance but what difference does it really make if its itb or not when it comes to mastering? Since when is a tool not a tool and its only as good as the person using it?

well most of these plug-ins we use for mixing are modeled after analog gear. why do you think that is? simply because analog sounds better...if you want the short answer.

also its the mastering engineers job to improve the mix and offer something to the song that the mix engineer cannot. with that said, the most important thing a mastering engineer can offer is superior monitoring and a flatter listening environment. I must admit that these 2 things are even more important to the mastering process than the fancy gear.

well most of these plug-ins we use for mixing are modeled after analog gear. why do you think that is? simply because analog sounds better...if you want the short answer.

also its the mastering engineers job to improve the mix and offer something to the song that the mix engineer cannot. with that said, the most important thing a mastering engineer can offer is superior monitoring and a flatter listening environment. I must admit that these 2 things are even more important to the mastering process than the fancy gear.
I always thought it modeled analog gear because analog gear offered more variety than digital sonically.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Hey Kev,

You probably know what's up for the most part though! If you know how to mix, mastering isn't like a huge blur or anything!

This video breaks it down to everything that goes into the mastering process.

The more you do it, the better you get, but just like anything in life, it takes practice!

I can mix good enough to get the sound I want but it also helps that I like a raw sound lol. Idk I just never really thought much about mastering outside of it being the final polish on a completed song and something I never dove into. I wouldn't even consider myself a mix engineer though I have had people approach me to mix their stuff it always baffles me when they do.

I think basic mixing technique is something every producer should have a decent grasp and understanding on.

Back