Stadium Claps, how do you get the effect?

G

GuzBeats

A lot of songs have claps where it sounds like 50 or 100 people clapping at once.

Usually though your standard drum kits come with just the one clap. So how do you get that sound? Do you stack a bunch of claps together? Do you add some effects? Or do you just look for "stadium clap" and download the noise?

It can be multiple claps or just one clap copied and panned out.

I used to do a combination of both. Have your lead claps panned middle and layers panned further out. Add reverb to taste...it depends how big you want your stage to be.

Make sure to eq to get any frequencies interfering with any of your other sounds.

You also may want to compress your claps together. I would have to listen to see if I would want to.

It can be multiple claps or just one clap copied and panned out.

I used to do a combination of both. Have your lead claps panned middle and layers panned further out. Add reverb to taste...it depends how big you want your stage to be.

Make sure to eq to get any frequencies interfering with any of your other sounds.

You also may want to compress your claps together. I would have to listen to see if I would want to.

Using this. You'd be surprised how big it'll sound with some delay added.

i also tryed to get this affect i usually layered this clap and made the starting time different on some o f them like a real clap.

Yeah.... you'd be surprised what you can do w/ some layering of different claps.. reverb & delay.. and some panning. Then lowering volume so it sounds like its really back there.

^Yeah.. that's what I was thinking of immediately.

You can get that stomp effect w/ one kick and a good reverb turned up.

There are a lot of crowd samples in Dance sample packs. The Vengeance Clubsounds packs have a few and I know for sure there is at least one good recording of a massive crowd clapping together.

Back