Sound Forge Quik Question

Johnny Plastik

Ok, I recorded from Soundforge. It sound like Crap. Low and Hollow.

Then I recorded from Cool Edit 2000. It sounds Awesome! High and Clear.

I rather use Sound Forge, Did i mess up a certain setting? Any help would be appreciated!

-Johnny Plastik

-make sure you are recording to 44.1kHz / 16-bit / stereo format wav. click here to find out how to setup your system mixer. . . .I am an advertising foool ! . . .tootn my own horn n schit

cool little tutorial

Just remember you also have to make sure the levels on your Mixer are hovering around 0Db. The occasianal spike up is ok, but you don't want to red line the mixer.

Jeremy

In the part where you tell how to record a stream, you say you have to select "Stereo Out" as recording output in your mixer.
Keep in mind not all soundcards can record their own output. Some don't have the "Stereo Out/Mix" option (I'm thinking of a lot of OEM soundcards).
The only way you can record a stream then is to use a recording program that works with virtual sounddrivers, like Total Recorder.

I use sound forge, and i've never faced any problems posted in the thread above. soundforge is cool. i'am havin the new version, soundforge 5. Cool edit pro is alos good. but i like to use soundforge.
:cheers:

hmmmm strange. never really faced such a problem ever. could have something to do with ur recroding settings. or maybe a software bug.

Tricky said:
hmmmm strange. never really faced such a problem ever. could have something to do with ur recroding settings. or maybe a software bug.

Check u're sound forge audio settings, or check ur'e computer for any viruses.:D

Our friend - Jonny Plastik

He used soundforge for his recording, but he say that it sounds like crap and hollow, he must have messed up the settings, help him THY.

Yeah, sorry lost the count there :D

It's difficult to tell what is the problem just "by text". Is there any way you could make a little sample so we can really hear what's wrong? You can always email it (my email : ambivision@pandora.be). It's a lot easier to help if we can really hear it.

Ure' right Thy,upload the sample to any webspace, and type the link here in the post, so we can all hear it.

Back