sending tracks to be mastered

J

JoeChrist

What format should I send a track from fl 5 to be mastered in?

The track should be sent as seperate WAV files of the highest quality. Each element of the track should be separated.

You should talk to the mastering engineer and ask the mastering engineer what format he would prefer.

For a mastering session your mix should be set to go and everything shoudld be mixed down to 2-track.

definately..

ask your ME what they want. most will request a digital file format of the mixdown at the highest quality YOU used during the project in stereo interleaved form.

its very very rare that stems are sent, the ME isnt mixing for you, though there are times when they may be requested.

Imy786 said:
The track should be sent as seperate WAV files of the highest quality. Each element of the track should be separated.
I see it's already been said, just adding in case there was any confusion - Each element of the track should be MIXED - Not separated. You're not sending in individual tracks - You're sending individual stereo mixes.

A stereo PCM file, 24-bit word length, at whatever the project's sample rate is - You almost can't go wrong with that.

Back