Recording Over Soundclick Beats ???

J Lane 863

Hi guys, my name is Justin this is my first post on Future Producers. I've been recording music in my home studio now for over 6yrs now with countless hours of knowledge gained from the internet in my quest to learn the in and outs of recording vocals.

My DAW of choice is Adobe Audition 3.0 or any later version, I have had experience with Pro Tools & Logic Pro I've just been using Adobe for so long it just grew on me lol Anyways I've been in discussions lately with a fellow artist who I've recorded through the years and he's been asking me why I only mix n master the vocals and not the final track as a whole(with the beat). My thought on this is whenever an artist brings me a soundclick beat it's almost a 100% guarantee that that producer has had that beat mastered and I don't wanna do anything to ruin the sound quality.

I have a song I recorded of my friend I'm going to add to this post as a reference for you guys to critique me on because I take criticism very seriously whether good or bad because I know that's the only way I can learn and get better. My friend keeps complaining to me that his vocals in the song aren't loud enough which I kind of agree I feel as if I may have turned them down a tad bit more than I intended to on this mix.

But anyways with all that said, I don't see why I should be mastering a beat that is probably already mastered or Should I ???

S/N : I use Waves plugins for all my vocal needs.

P.S. it won't let add the link to the soundcloud track until I have 5 posts sorry about that.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

WOW... No help what so ever, and I thought this was a "highly recommended" site lol what a joke.

So this thread hasn't even been up for a day yet and you're already saying shit like "WOW... No help what so ever, and I thought this was a "highly recommended" site lol what a joke?"

ETA: The thread hasn't even been up for an hour yet.

Last edited:
all you have to do is make sure the vocal levels match the beat and the overall master volume does not redline. if you do this, especially in adobe(my choice for recording songs too) you should have a high quality track. if you can get the wav track out to the beat is the only time i suggest mixing to master the entire track

It kept saying over on my side that my post was over 2hrs old, so i had to make another one. maybe it was this one or the other i forget now. But thanks for finally responding.

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

iBeatz13 Thanks man, I appreciate the reply I do make sure nothing redlines. and yes I knew someone was gonna bring up the wav file for the beat lol I just wanted to re-assure myself that what i was doing was right ya know ? I don't have the wav files for any of the beats that people bring to me for recording their tracks because they all come various places on the internet. But yes so you're agreeing that I should only be mixing and mastering the vocals and not doing anything to beat correct ???

Back