Reason 33.0

BabyTroy

Wats up everyone its been a while since i've posted anything (I like to listen). but i ran in to a predicament.

When i make a beat in reason it never shows any clipping or anything, even when I rewire with Sonar everything is in the "green". But after i export the track to audio then say pull it up in sonar as track one to lay vocals over, it is always in the red. I can turn it down and its not that bad of a problem, most beats I load into sonar redline, i was just wondering if anyone knew why it does that.

thank you in advance.

Is it actually clipped? Does it sound crap? It could be to the 2 programs using different dB levels for their respetive levels.

If you have say 5 instruments on a 5 channels in Reason, and you try to bus them to a stereo track in Sonar, you will end up with a sum of all the instruments, creating a much greater amplitude in level.

If you are going 5 instruments to 5 seperate tracks, just add a Trim to attenuate the track (make sure each track is attenuated equally) and it shouldnt be a problem.

thanks for the replies guys. I guess its not "clipping" per say its just redlining so its not really a big deal it was more of just a hmmm i wonder why... type of deal, thanks!

Back