protools bypass ?

just a quick ? on protools when you insert an EQ 7 band lets say on a channel and you get the EQ window what does the bypass button or function do or what is its intended use?

Do some drastic EQ changes on the track and bypass on and off, on and off - you'll see what it does. It does exactly that: bypasses the effect.

yep couldn't have said it better

dnt have protools just curious to know i thought if you have multiple inserts on a channel you can by pass one to listen to the other effect like if i had a reverb and a delay on an aux and sent channel 1 to the aux but wanted to listen to the delay and not the reverb

but hey i dunno im new to this

dnt have protools just curious to know i thought if you have multiple inserts on a channel you can by pass one to listen to the other effect like if i had a reverb and a delay on an aux and sent channel 1 to the aux but wanted to listen to the delay and not the reverb

but hey i dunno im new to this

it does that too...lol

It turns off the effect or "Bypasses" it...if you bus a reverb and dont want to hear it with the eq...bypass it.......if you want to hear the difference a 3db increase @ 5K sounds like compared to the original bypass it....and also most plugins will have a bypass button not exclusive to Pro Tools.....

Just a heads up, bypassing in protools le doesn't bypass any latency and you still would have to correct using whatever delay compensation method. All the Digirack plugs don't need and Delay compensation so if you stick with them you're good.

Back