protools<------------

A

astral2222

if anyone needs info in this area i will answer :)...

i have read the info that you have most Excellently helped me with in the chopping audio thread, and man, this is really a large step forward for me. I shall try out the automation, and the enigma demo ... extremely exciting, thanks again. :):):):cool:

i am working on choppin up parts of my tracks to drop onto sampler, in order to trigger from a qy70 sequencer at a gig coming up soon, where i will VJ,DJ, and do live techno. it's gonna be rad, and i'll use the ideas you have helped with to make the loops i chop out sound as awesome as possible.

At the moment, Pro Tools is not recognising that it has digital or optical ins or outs, but i think that is due to it's internal/external digital signal sync not being set right. i reckon i can get that one together.

make shur that u tell pt that u want to arm the digiat tracks ... in the mixer window make shure that the input is on digital and u will get levels........
but it can also be the other machine not sending signal:) good luck keep me posted on what happens and more info i can respond..

one more pitch and echo trick
if u got the waves 3.0 demo try running a 2 tap delay then running neta flanger after that ,set the bpm up to track speed and the flanger will pitch the tap delays :)
2 do a tap delay as an audiosweat = apply it in to the waveform then automate an filter bank sweep :) === that will give u a filter sweep on evry tap delay ....

Okay! got the "Zoom in and draw in the waveform" technique off to a start. :) I actually was drawing the waveform of the sound ... it sounded like a door shutting :D it was cool to be able to do that. i worked out that the waveform changes appearance when it is possible. ;)

I have been selecting audio and do Apple-F for the fade, it is great, just Apple-F and Pro Tools selects the right kind of fade in every time!

I was using an RTAS Moogerfooger - and clicked automation, and dounleclicked a few parameters in for good measure ... didn't see them come up near the pan dial on the track, but will have a go anyhow. I know there are windows which show the actual volume or panning and stuff throughtout the track ... i forget where these are ... ( i know my synth and sampler more than i know the PT ... hmmm but now i study!!:))

One interesting thing - i had copied an 8 bar section across 24 bars. I made an adjustment to the waveform with the pencil tool, and it showed up on every copy ... i guess that's cos it is drawing into the original waveform itself, rather than an editable parameter such as volume.

one could liken it to object oriented programming ... but i won't ...:D:p

thanks again for your help astral2222. i used the fade techniques whilst making a loop. you can see/hear it on my site at www.s-p-r.com
it's my site so i stuck it on the front page ... called it Astral Groove.
aight
lata

very cool .. i checked .. if u need any more help or want to swap tracks i can set u up with my personal server.
i can help u in the effects and mastering or what ever ...
check my equipment list on( home studio) page .. let me know.......

i guess youve already answered this once but i have no clue how to chop up audio in pt i heard u can also time the chopped audio w/ the bpm of the rythem if this is true how can u do this i just got a mac g4 w/ tons of memory and i also bought pt digi 001 and since the "getting started guide" it came w/ doesnt help tooo much i was wondering if u could give me some info thanx -baddxdreamz...:cry:

one more ?.... ill make this short... i was wondering if there is a way to hook up say the sega dream cast and record the audio from the games in2 prootools im pretty sure u can but i was wondering how u might do it any info would be very helpful thanx...peace:monkey:

Back