Pro tools 11? Anyone have it yet

mguz11

Just wondering if anyone has copped pt 11? I currently have mpowered 9 and am thinking of upgrading but am unaware if there are every significant differences. I usually wait every two versions to upgrade so I am ready to do so. Also, all my plugins like waves and massive will I have to re install them because I am not really looking forward to that if I have to do that. I have everything set up how I like it on 9 and if the upgrade is easy and painless then I will go for it, if not i will continue to rock 9

Havent tried 11 yet, but you shouldn't need to reinstall them. Some may be worth it though for AAX that was introduced in 10. Cant tell you if everything will be swell from 9 to 11, almost everything online talks about going from 10 to 11. Probably will get a better answer on the Avid forum.

If I ever go again with Digi it will be well into the future. I don't see enough upgrades or enough "revolutionary" features to justify me moving from digi 9.0. The cost is also extremely prohibitive. I would rather spend my money on a shiny new analog compressor or eq. That is just my opinion but I am but moved by the "hype".

Havent tried 11 yet, but you shouldn't need to reinstall them. Some may be worth it though for AAX that was introduced in 10. Cant tell you if everything will be swell from 9 to 11, almost everything online talks about going from 10 to 11. Probably will get a better answer on the Avid forum.

That's wrong.. AAX wasn't introduced in 10, it was introduced in 11 when they made the jump to 64 bit. And if your plugin's are all old RTAS format they won't work in 11... that's why I'm going to save up and just find a copy of full version 10, since I have 9 MP also... I wanted to get 11 thinking it would be backwards compatible but it's not... and a lot of my favorite plugin's will most likely never be ported over to AAX. If you've actually legitimately bought your Waves plugin's then go ahead and make the jump to 11 because you get a free download of their new AAX format, but if they're cracked which they probably are since everyone and their mom has cracked Waves plugins, then I would advise against it because you won't be able to use them.

That's wrong.. AAX wasn't introduced in 10, it was introduced in 11 when they made the jump to 64 bit. And if your plugin's are all old RTAS format they won't work in 11... that's why I'm going to save up and just find a copy of full version 10, since I have 9 MP also... I wanted to get 11 thinking it would be backwards compatible but it's not... and a lot of my favorite plugin's will most likely never be ported over to AAX. If you've actually legitimately bought your Waves plugin's then go ahead and make the jump to 11 because you get a free download of their new AAX format, but if they're cracked which they probably are since everyone and their mom has cracked Waves plugins, then I would advise against it because you won't be able to use them.

No your wrong...and make sure you look at the dates and listen to what they are saying...nothing about 11

Pro Tools® 10

Pro Tools overview: Introducing the AAX format plug-ins | lynda.com - YouTube

Are AAX native plugins more efficient than RTAS plugins - Gearslutz.com

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

I think maybe you can say it wasn't introduced with 10.0 when it came out, but it came later on in a update. Its just getting more known now because they can better advertise it with the "New" Pro Tools 11 and not just a new "update". It came in October of 2011.

Now!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Jk dont even take me seriously...not much of a PT guy.

Back