need some help!

ctalaue

hey guys need some help with my equipment.. at least i think its my equipment. first of all i have an m-audio fast track pro hooked up to a behringer 12 channel mixer. got the keyboards hookedup to the mixer and those work fine. but when i connect my guitar to a channel with a monster cable and try to record it comes out like im red lining and im not. im getting this crackling noise. i checked the audio interface and when i play its all green lights. on logic it appears fine and the meter doesnt go all the way up to reds. not sure what to do. or whats going on. could it be my cables? most of my cables are pretty cheapo radioshack ones.

also i get a lot of static on my recordings when i try to record my guitars/ukulele/vocals. anything plugged in i get static and cant seem to get rid of it. any help on that as well thanks guys!

if you got cheap cables you'll get a cheap signal... especially with a instrument. Maybe upgrade ur cables and see if it continues cause a good volume but bad sound means your not getting a clean process from **guitar** to DAW... I'd try the cable thing first...

thanks man. the only good quality cable i have is my instrument cable which is a monster haha. but thanks ill switch out my cables. kinda sucks now cuz i have to buy a lot of cables. if anyone else has an idea of the problem other than the cables help me out. thanks!

the only good quality cable i have is my instrument cable which is a monster haha.

Thats exatcly what you need anyways....You need to make sure that you or using and unbalanced Instrument Cable for Guitar Connection...

I hope it not a speaker cable that you are using because if so....

you may end of with hissing,buzzing or even a radio station...coming out of your Amp or from where you plugged your Guitar From...

Just Make Sure You Using Good Quality Proper Cables....

which is.....Unbalanced Instrument Cable.....

BKster

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I replace those cheapo ones with instrument cables as well?

Anything That Requires Instrument Cables...that where you should them..

Using The Improper Cables Can Cause Some Annoying Strange Noises..

Just Make Sure Its Unbalanced...and not Balance for your Instruments...

Got It?....

BKster

Its either your cables or you have a bad ground in your guitar, dirty pots or bad inst jack. but from what you said its your cables. $5000 plus $5000 plus 1 slitty cable = Slitty (They seem to censor my cursing, you should be able to cuss when talking about cords lol)

Back