Mix CD

D

DJ Bear

I want to make a mix cd for my friends and I also want to make a separate demo cd. Basically what I want to do is make a CD like the pros do with individual tracks. Is there a way that I can separate the tracks post recording fromone long track?
If so what apps do I need?

If you're talking about PC computer editing, I use Sound Forge. But I imagine any simple waveform editor will allow you to do what you need. Record directly into your computer, or if you have the mix on CD, extract it to a wav file, and load it into the editing program. So if your 70 min. mix looks like this like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cut it up like this:

-------I--------I--------I--------I--------I--------I-------I--------I------

with each marker being the new track. Save each track to a new file, remember the order you want the CD to go in, and then burn all the files to CD. Most burning programs come with different options, one of them being "Disc at Once." Use this option and you won't get 2 seconds of silence between each track...it will play continuously, but you'll still be able to skip between songs if you like.

i have WinonCD and if u go 2 editor mode of WAV file if u hold CTRL + click on a location it's a new track without the 2sec delay

Another way to 'cut' one track in xx different tracks is with (Steinberg's) WaveLab 3.
these are the 3 global steps:
1) You record the whole mix into one WAV- or MP3-file.
2) In WaveLab 3 you load the file, and set 'markers' where you want them
3) so you make your CD ready-to-burn - directly from WaveLab - in a very easy way; every new marker becomes a new track

succes !!

Back