Looking for Mixing and mastering for Smartphone speakers

Chris Torio

What's up everyone,

I am in the middle of having an App made so I told the developers to save money I will produce the theme music. With that being said I have no idea how to mix and master that will sound good in smartphone speakers. Does anyone have any experience with this? Let me know what you guys will charge. For a reference so you better understand what I am talking about download the game subway surfers and listen to the theme it sounds crystal clear and you can hear everything.

You have to listen on tiny crap speakers. Honestly. I have a pair of 2" speakers just so I can reference for laptops and those pill boxes people stick their smart phones in. If you wanna make a mix exclusively for phone speakers, then you need to listen on something that approximates them. Then play your mix back on a phone to double check. There's may be an app that will let you pass through a signal from input to speakers on a phone, but I'm not aware of any.

a good mix also translates on a crappy phone speaker.
but as bass response ist shitty on phones you should try to move the bass to an audible range - there are plugins for this which work with harmonics of the bass. then you could cut at maybe 100 hz as the speakers stop about there...
but people also use headphones with their mobiles, so it should sound ok on them too

I'd say you can mix on your laptop/computer speakers get a decent sound out of those and then export to phone for tests. Mobile phones' speakers are in stereo too, if that helps.

Just do a regular mix on professional speakers, and test it on shitty ones. Also, those theme song on apps tend to be brick walled to maybe slam it on a limiter and see if that helps. The phone speaker will only output a specific db but will also remove alot of the detail. The limiter will bring that detail up letting it come out of those small speakers. Just dont distort it.

Make it sound good on full monitors, Headphone etc and then test masters on phone and make tweaks as needed filter out excessive lows will help as well. A good master should sound good on all syatems

Check the mix on all type of speakers....from studio monitors to crappy speakers. a good mix will sound great on all systems.

Back