Looking to get pro tools

tweakheadz.com
Read that before you ask about anything being better or looking for the best. It all depends on your needs.

Only you can answer that question for yourself. Read up on those links yourself and see which one you think would better suit you. Ask yourself what you need and what your future needs may be, then plan your purchase around that. Thats like askin what vehicle you should buy, if you're a single man with no women or children, us suggesting a family van would be a dumb purchase for you, now would'nt it? Keep reading.
LevLove

"Industry Standard" is now a noob's selling point. Don't believe the hype! Any program can bounce their files to any high end studio.

BUT if you know PT and its your bread and butter, then BY ALL MEANS buy their hardware. If not, there are tons of programs out there that can do the same.

WITH PT, they have low end and high end. AND If it were me, I would only purchase a HD system. I picked up the cheapest MBOX just so I can run PT on my PC in case someone brought a PT session over.

USE your money wisely.

"Pro Tools Is My Secret Weapon"

Actually "Pro Tools LE" is a very good piece of software/hardware. I own a M-Box 2 Pro and saying I'm happy is a big understatement I learned Pro Tools and learned it well, I read books watched videos etc. As far as sound quality just listen to some tracks on any of my pages and tell me what you think, they were all produced and finished in Pro Tools LE 7.4. Also keep in mind if your music gets big enough and you hit the big studio your going to have to align regions and all that **** if you don't start all tracks from zero without Pro Tools. If you have Pro Tools your going to know what's going on and be ready for success. I'm not saying that the other programs are bad I'm just saying that this is where It's at and I know It's good because I've been getting a lot more paper because of the word "Pro Tools". It's very easy to master basic tasks and you can do most everything in 2 windows, learn the shortcuts as you go and you'll be ready for "The Next Level". - Pro Tools user for life ")

Also keep in mind if your music gets big enough and you hit the big studio your going to have to align regions and all that **** if you don't start all tracks from zero without Pro Tools.

Actuall range markers can be imported from any project so they will line up witin "regions" so as long as you use markers your good.

Back