KRK Rokit 5s?

I use them as my secondary monitors. They aight. I wish they werent as muddy as they are though.

I won't use them for my main monitors
try these at your local Guitar Center
JBL LSR2325P | Sweetwater.com
and if you want to stick with 5"s try these also at Guitar Center this way you can hear what they sound like

Yamaha HS50M | Sweetwater.com

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

thanks man, if i learn them good, can i use them as my main monitors?

You can, but I recommend against it if you're gonna be mixing/mastering on them. There are speakers that are more accurate and sound better that are around the same price; like the jbl's that fataltone linked you to.

I have a pair of hs50 s and all i can say is dont waste your money on anything below this monitors...tHis are very accurate and You can adjust them according to your room

Rokit's are great from a production standpoint ... but from an engineering aspect they're not accurate at all.. if you have the funds I'd keep them around to maybe reference on.. but I wouldn't use them as my main outs.

The JBL's Tone linked you too are phenomenal.. I'm actually about 95% sure I'm going to buy a pair myself, only the 8 inch not the 5.

You can, but I recommend against it if you're gonna be mixing/mastering on them. There are speakers that are more accurate and sound better that are around the same price; like the jbl's that fataltone linked you to.
ight thanks bro ima check em out

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Rokit's are great from a production standpoint ... but from an engineering aspect they're not accurate at all.. if you have the funds I'd keep them around to maybe reference on.. but I wouldn't use them as my main outs.

The JBL's Tone linked you too are phenomenal.. I'm actually about 95% sure I'm going to buy a pair myself, only the 8 inch not the 5.
yeah i heard, thanks man

seriously man.... this questions been discussed twice in the past week.

do a search on the site... you'll come up with much more info than this thread could provide.

seriously man.... this questions been discussed twice in the past week.

do a search on the site... you'll come up with much more info than this thread could provide.
what are you on about man im just trying to get some help from other producers

And i'm recommending you to type "KRK Rokit 5" or "KRK" or "Rokit" in the search at the top right of the forum, and you'll fine more discussion about these monitors. They get talked about often. The advise doesn't change from month to month... it stays the same. So... if you really want to know about these monitors, you'll find what you're looking for quicker... instead of waiting for someone to repeat themselves here.

Hope you're not taking offense. I'm tryna help.

And i'm recommending you to type "KRK Rokit 5" or "KRK" or "Rokit" in the search at the top right of the forum, and you'll fine more discussion about these monitors. They get talked about often. The advise doesn't change from month to month... it stays the same. So... if you really want to know about these monitors, you'll find what you're looking for quicker... instead of waiting for someone to repeat themselves here.

Hope you're not taking offense. I'm tryna help.
aight i feel ya

it's cool that you want help
what CPhoenix is pointing out is that
2 to 5 times a week ppl ask this same question(ppl don't want to waste money)
if you use the search point for this forum you find THOUSANDS of threads about Rokit Monitors being crappy or should I buy the Rokit

like everyone will tell you excellent for production but if you care about your production you're going to want to mix it for presentation purposes (AT LEAST)

so you'll need monitors that are accurate
I'm actually buy the HS80Ms and the sub that comes along with it in Feb. very accurate monitors
I was going to buy the big brothers of the JBL's I post which are $1,500 for a pair
but I had to cut my budget by 4k because I'm buying a new family van

so I try this if I were you

1.Yammy HS50m's(buy the sub later asap)
2.buy some cheap computer desktop computers speakers (from a thrift store/Goodwill)
3.get some earbuds(from a thrift store/Goodwill)
4.get a amp like this(I'm getting something like this in feb. as well) Amazon.com: Pyle Home PT4601AIU 800 Watts Stereo Receiver AM-FM Tuner/USB/SD/iPod Docking Station and Subwoofer Control: Electronics
5.get some huge 15" sub speakers to use with that amp or similar amp
here are the speakers I buying in feb.
Amazon.com: MCM Custom Audio 555-10340 15'' PA / DJ Floor Monitor Speaker 600W: Electronics
YOU'LL need to test how you bass sounds (similar to a club environment)

now you have a wide range of tools to test your mixes

now all that said if mixing isn't important to you now..because it will later always is
then just buy the Rokit and then upgrade later

but if I was you start off right with the JBL (also have a sub you can add on your studio monitor system)
or the Yahama HS50m's which are very,very,very accurate and will show all your flaws in your mix)

you'll need acoustic treatment as well
start with your front wall and front corner
and your first reflection points on your side walls
and then get a mixing cloud..
this all helps to get you in (room/environment) where you can produce and get amazing mixes with knowledge and practice.

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Tone, have you by chance heard the Yams? I just went to my Guitar Center today and had a shootout between the JBL's and the HS80's and I absolutely hated the Yamaha's ... they sounded really "tinny" and just.. I don't know.. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I could tell that they would drive me crazy trying to mix on them. But the rep there said most people have a love/hate relationship with them... so I was just wondering if you've actually heard them yet.. if not go and take a listen before committing that kind of money to (in my opinion) a crappy speaker.

Just tryin to look out for you, Tone!

I've read around the forums that if you can make your mix sound good in Yamaha HS/NS series, it will sound good in virtually all systems due to extremely revealing nature of the speakers.
Anyway, I have no experiences with Yamaha monitors so I don't really know if this is true. However, I believe that choosing a pair of monitors should be done objectively and not by "sounds good" perspective.

Tone, have you by chance heard the Yams? I just went to my Guitar Center today and had a shootout between the JBL's and the HS80's and I absolutely hated the Yamaha's ... they sounded really "tinny" and just.. I don't know.. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I could tell that they would drive me crazy trying to mix on them. But the rep there said most people have a love/hate relationship with them... so I was just wondering if you've actually heard them yet.. if not go and take a listen before committing that kind of money to (in my opinion) a crappy speaker.

Just tryin to look out for you, Tone!

I usually order through sweatwater
but since the Guitar Center in my area has what I need
I'll go there

30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Restrictions Apply
Our goal is your total satisfaction.

If you're not satisfied, neither are we. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return it in its original condition within 30 days of purchase (see exceptions below) and we'll give you a full refund. It's that simple. Returned items must be in original, brand-new condition, showing no signs of wear or use such as belt-buckle or pick scratches, scuffs, dings or scrapes on the instrument or collateral materials. Items must also include all original packaging, manuals, warrantees and accessories or your return may be subject to a return handling charge. Click Here to see detailed return handing charges. Your refund will be promptly processed upon completing evaluation of your returned item. Refunds are made for product value only, excluding shipping and handling charges. If you received Free Shipping on your order, the value of the uncharged shipping cost will be deducted from your refund. To avoid return shipping fees, return your online purchase at your nearest Guitar Center retail location.

Exceptions to 30-day return period:
Return within 14 days of purchase - recording devices, DJ equipment, workstation keyboards, rack signal processors and lighting/fog machines.
Return within 3 days of purchase – vintage instruments
No returns – clearance items, discontinued items, Apple hardware, opened software, books, CDs, videos, turntable cartridges, tubes, in ear buds, earplugs and in ear monitors, special orders…both custom orders and items we don't stock

it's true about the Yammys super hard to mix on because you have to know what you're doing
this is not from personal experience this comes from many,many post from owners of the Yammy NS10 to the Yammy HS50s/HS80s
the sub along with it goes along way as well.

I may take back the sub (save $400)
if I can use
these items below to get a great bass sound that translates

1.Amazon.com: Pyle Home PT4601AIU 800 Watts Stereo Receiver AM-FM Tuner/USB/SD/iPod Docking Station and Subwoofer Control: Electronics

2.Amazon.com: MCM Custom Audio 555-10340 15'' PA / DJ Floor Monitor Speaker 600W: Electronics
test how my bass to see if it will translate to a club/live environment.

So I'll have 30 days to put the Yammys HS80ms+yammy sub through a boot camp

and City Beats I usually always come back to threads I post in

or

I'll be a wack member
actually I'm black and nerdy

white-and-nerdy.jpg

Last edited:
I've read around the forums that if you can make your mix sound good in Yamaha HS/NS series, it will sound good in virtually all systems due to extremely revealing nature of the speakers.
Anyway, I have no experiences with Yamaha monitors so I don't really know if this is true. However, I believe that choosing a pair of monitors should be done objectively and not by "sounds good" perspective.

I completely agree... and I've worked on the NS10's, and even though the HS series says they're modelled after the NS10's, they don't sound anything like them ... which is why I was so disappointed.

The JBL's sounded a lot more true to sound than the Yamaha's did... I even moved the Yamaha's around to make sure I was in the right listening position...

And as far as the bass goes in the Yamaha's, I was actually surprised that it did have a pretty clear bass... (I did feel the JBL's was more responsive to lower bass, but the Yams went down to about 38 Hz I think... somewhere around there)

So as far as a sub goes.. once you learn your speakers you might not need one if you settle with the HS80's. Most speakers can't handle anything below like 40 Hz I think it was anyways, unless they have a subwoofer...

Anyways, I thought the JBL's blew the Yamaha's out of the water.. but that's just me. Everyone has their own opinions on speakers.. it's a really personal experience buying your pair of main outs... but I just wanted to make sure you heard the Yamaha's and weren't just basing your purchase decision on reviews and stuff... I mean if you're happy with them then that's dope... happy mixing!

it's cool that you want help
what CPhoenix is pointing out is that
2 to 5 times a week ppl ask this same question(ppl don't want to waste money)
if you use the search point for this forum you find THOUSANDS of threads about Rokit Monitors being crappy or should I buy the Rokit

like everyone will tell you excellent for production but if you care about your production you're going to want to mix it for presentation purposes (AT LEAST)

so you'll need monitors that are accurate
I'm actually buy the HS80Ms and the sub that comes along with it in Feb. very accurate monitors
I was going to buy the big brothers of the JBL's I post which are $1,500 for a pair
but I had to cut my budget by 4k because I'm buying a new family van

so I try this if I were you

1.Yammy HS50m's(buy the sub later asap)
2.buy some cheap computer desktop computers speakers (from a thrift store/Goodwill)
3.get some earbuds(from a thrift store/Goodwill)
4.get a amp like this(I'm getting something like this in feb. as well) Amazon.com: Pyle Home PT4601AIU 800 Watts Stereo Receiver AM-FM Tuner/USB/SD/iPod Docking Station and Subwoofer Control: Electronics
5.get some huge 15" sub speakers to use with that amp or similar amp
here are the speakers I buying in feb.
Amazon.com: MCM Custom Audio 555-10340 15'' PA / DJ Floor Monitor Speaker 600W: Electronics
YOU'LL need to test how you bass sounds (similar to a club environment)

now you have a wide range of tools to test your mixes

now all that said if mixing isn't important to you now..because it will later always is
then just buy the Rokit and then upgrade later

but if I was you start off right with the JBL (also have a sub you can add on your studio monitor system)
or the Yahama HS50m's which are very,very,very accurate and will show all your flaws in your mix)

you'll need acoustic treatment as well
start with your front wall and front corner
and your first reflection points on your side walls
and then get a mixing cloud..
this all helps to get you in (room/environment) where you can produce and get amazing mixes with knowledge and practice.

-Coach Antonio

thanks a lot bro

Back