Keeping Volume at One Level for a Mixtape

I'm sure it was asked before. But I'm releasing a mixtape tomorrow and do any of you guys have any tips of keeping all the levels of a tape at a constant volume? I try to do it, but it's hard at one point. All my tracks eventually start sounding like they're all at the same level. But really, one of them is louder than the other and etc.

Any type of feedback would be great. And if you do drop feedback, I'll make sure I get you guys a free Digital copy of my mixtape "New Generation". feat. Flying Lotus, Freddie Joachim, Bugseed, Capcom, Giraffage, Ill-Sug, JoyStick, T-Venom, Nefarious! and many more. It's FREE guys, what more do you have to lose. It's a 16 track mixtape. I just wanna make sure I drop it with a decent sound quality.

~I'm working with a Duet 2, iMac 27" 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, Shure SM7b, KRK Rokit 6s, I'm also using Logic if that matters.~

Thanks for your time.

-.Vo.

New Generation.jpg

Send it to a professional mastering engineer and they'll do this for you. Although I guess you're tight on money, play the loudest part of the song and match each track to this volume. If they still all sound different that's because you've mastered some harder/softer than others, and you'll just have to re-master them for a consistent volume. Good luck to you!

This has to do with the db rms,and the energy of every track.You should master again tracks for pro-results but if you are not going to do this,just do something with compression over the whole mixtape as Bobcat told!

This has to do with the db rms,and the energy of every track.You should master again tracks for pro-results but if you are not going to do this,just do something with compression over the whole mixtape as Bobcat told!

when u say over the mixtape, do you mean compress it in one project? putting each songs as individual tracks??

---------- Post added 12-30-2012 at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-29-2012 at 10:14 PM ----------

bummppppppp

isn't this the job of a DJ?

What about actually learning to mix before calling yourself a DJ?!! This is truly ridiculous.

do you mean? like put it on Logic as one project, put each track seperately, and turn them down one by one?

If your mix tape is already recorded and is a single file: import into Logic, put a compressor of your choice on your master output, compress the sound, export.

Or: import tracks individually into Logic, put a compressor of your choice on your master output, compress the sound, export.

OR: import tracks individually into Logic, set different volume for each one to get a constant volume.

OOOORRRRRR: if your mix tape is already recorded and is a single file: automate the volume all over the mix tape so it stays constant.

:)

Back