Justice League Maybach Music Snare??? Inkredibles Real as it gets Snare?????

I have never worked in logic but i know a lil about plug-ins, i haven't heard the original from the kit, but from my experience it sounds like they raise the high end in the eq around 10k and 1k to raise the middle up to give it a more fatter sound, you can also just roll of the low end or 20-100 and a lil compression...but i can't give you more advice then that this is just a start homie...

layer, eq, compress... keep tweaking and in about 10 years maybe you'll figure it out (that's what i did)

I have never worked in logic but i know a lil about plug-ins, i haven't heard the original from the kit, but from my experience it sounds like they raise the high end in the eq around 10k and 1k to raise the middle up to give it a more fatter sound, you can also just roll of the low end or 20-100 and a lil compression...but i can't give you more advice then that this is just a start homie...

Thanks man I appreciate it

I would have to hear the one from ezdrummer to say, but everyone stacks their snares. It could be eq, and compressin, but It's most likely more than one snare

I agree, Snare sounds layered. I think it's probably a mixture of layering and really good mixing, which would be impossible to explain to u on a forum due to the fact it will take some experimentation. I say fiddle with it and see what works; you might get yours sounding better than theirs.

so you got a $50,000 program and your tryna figure out what someone else is doing? that dont even sound right why would u have waves and u dont even know how to engineer sounds?

No parts of this guy post was helpful; not even a lil bit. So my question to him is.... WHY???

Last edited:
I agree, Snare sounds layered. I think it's probably a mixture of layering and really good mixing, which would be impossible to explain to u on a forum due to the fact it will take some experimentation. I say fiddle with it and see what works; you might get yours sounding better than theirs.

No parts of this guy post was helpful; not even a lil bit. So my question to him is.... WHY???
Lol... thats why I never reply to posts like that it just a waste of time and I am waaaayyyyyy too busy to go back and forth with people that have no lives over the internet but thanks for the information man

Lol... thats why I never reply to posts like that it just a waste of time and I am waaaayyyyyy too busy to go back and forth with people that have no lives over the internet but thanks for the information man

Nevermind...

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please help me out....??? Okay so I'm getting into mixing and mastering and am really trying to figure out how Justice League transformed the snare from ez drummer (claustrophobic kit) to sound like the one in the song or did they even use ez drummer (claustrophobic kit)?

Try some distortion and/or saturation. EQ how you want. Ohh, and use diferent hits of that same snare, so it can appear like a real drummer is drumming instead of the same snare hitting everytime.

Real drum roll sample don't sound right? If you have an o.k recorder then try this, play the drum loop through some speakers with good low and mid quality, and record the loop at a good distants from the speakers. It will give your drum rolls that "in the background" effect if you recording them correctly. Can't use a bullshit recorder with bullshit mics though. Blend that in your multitrack with the original "to taste". There you have it, a nice drum roll sitting nicely in the background but still present.

And got dammit, don't none of you bastards come in hear quoting me with some bullshit either, got dammit!

Try some distortion and/or saturation. EQ how you want. Ohh, and use diferent hits of that same snare, so it can appear like a real drummer is drumming instead of the same snare hitting everytime.

Real drum roll sample don't sound right? If you have an o.k recorder then try this, play the drum loop through some speakers with good low and mid quality, and record the loop at a good distants from the speakers. It will give your drum rolls that "in the background" effect if you recording them correctly. Can't use a bullshit recorder with bullshit mics though. Blend that in your multitrack with the original "to taste". There you have it, a nice drum roll sitting nicely in the background but still present.

And got dammit, don't none of you bastards come in hear quoting me with some bullshit either, got dammit!
Hey man thanks... I don't use the method you use though, instead I just randomly switch up the velcoity on each hit.... Lol I hate it to when people qoute me and then say something dum or annoying because its really no point, lol I guess they want someone to reply so they can start something over the internet and like I said, I'm way toooo busy with college, girls, music, money, parties, etc. to reply back to stupid messages like that and I come on this site to get quick answers not conversate with idiots lol

How do I go about sampling it... I can't seem to find any breaks in it

LOL, use the EQ to isolate it.

As for the snare I don't know for sure. But I've heard that if you put 2 snares one right after the other (literally a fraction of a second apart) it's imperceptible to the ear. That may be what's going on.

As for the snare I don't know for sure. But I've heard that if you put 2 snares one right after the other (literally a fraction of a second apart) it's imperceptible to the ear. That may be what's going on.
O wow man, I've never heard of it.... I've heard of just plain layering drums but I've never heard of slightly making another snare off beat... I'm going to try that, thanks

If you are going to do this export your new snare as a sound and use it so you don't have extra sounds everywhere. Unless you are going to use it every 4 bars or something.

If you are going to do this export your new snare as a sound and use it so you don't have extra sounds everywhere. Unless you are going to use it every 4 bars or something.

Yeah that would be smart.

IDK exactly how but I think the drums might need to be mono for it to work?

thanks guys... I tried it and added a little reverb to it and it did give a nice unique snare sound.... I used two very thin soft snares and by doing that, it gave it a little more crisp and edge... anyone else with any more suggestions?

Back