Input On These Mics(B-2/KSM27/ NT1A) / Preamps(DMP3/Audio Buddy)

J

J.Black

What's good everybody?

I've done my homework on mics, at least mics that fall within my budget. I have figured out that cheaping it on a studio mic isn't a good choice through various boards/forums/sites, so I've narrowed my choices down to the Behringer B-2 Pro, Shure KSM27, and Rode NT1A. Once my mic budget is feasible to go over 300, I'll be looking at the Shure KSM44, AKG 3000B and Rode K2 as upgrades once I can afford more but FOR NOW I've got my eyes on the B-2 Pro / KSM27 / NT1A.

Now, the Behringer is the cheapest, the Shure has better ratings/reviews and all 3 are supposedly good mics. I'm not familiar as much with the Rode mic line, other than their premium mics are often used in a lot of bigtime studios. Neumann's are NOT an option for me, as I'm a financially strapped artist like alot of you.

I basically need a little input on one of the listed mics in the $300 range and some input on my preamp choices or feedback on the components if you've used em.

As for the mic preamps, I'm looking at the M-Audio DMP3 and M-Audio "Audio Buddy" for mic preamp choices. The Audio Buddy is fairly cheap in comparison to a lot of the preamps out there, and its regarded as a "poor man's preamp" however I've seen considerably more positive comments/reviews on it than anything negative. Being that it is roughly $80, that would work great I'd think until I can afford better. As for the DMP3, I haven't done AS much background on IT, so I'm at a loss. The reviews have been good, but past that, I'm in the dark. My sound card is going to be an M-Audio, so, it will at least be working with another M-Audio component.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back