im looking for a good vocal mic

W

wkiw

hey yall im lookin to get a nice vocal mic
anyone have any suggestions
ill be usin it here in my lil studio
its my first mic investment and im in the 200 and under price range
i dont have alot of cash and every time i buy a piece of equipment i have to make sure its right cuz i cant aford making a bad buy if ya dig
anyway i was lookin at the rode nt1
i just wanted to know what yall thought
anyone know anything about a Behringer B2 or the
Audio Technica AT3035
basically i need a good mic for spoken word and hip hop also maybe some acoustic instrument work
anyway any input would be swell
allright yall
peace

:monkey:

Rode nt1

I'm using the NT1 right now, I just got it. I switched from an Audio Technica atm29he, which isn't a bad mic live but for studio I thought I could do alot better.

For me, the NT1 is astonishing! It brings so much more life to the sound, you can hear all the exspression.....I think I'm in love dude!

This is my opinion, if you can get this mic in your price range where you live (bcuz here it would be twice as much) get it or rent it first (thats what I did) it's worth it!

I use this mic for Rap and R&B by the way.

Happy recording!
PRAY

:monkey: :dj: :monkey:

I use AT 4033SE it's a good phone. Not too much money either. AT is the way to go in my opinion.

i cant belive no one has the Studio projects C1 !!
the best mic there is under $1000, and its only $229.
its just fantastic.. a U-87 in all respects, some people even say nicer sounding.

i didn't say the C1 because i thought i was pushing it going ro $199. i don't know WKIW's true budget, if wkiw' can go as high as to get the C1 by all means its a great sounding mic.
U87 status...no. it sounds as good as my tml103 but its not in the same class as a u87, but it does sound great. o and its not the best mic under $1000 ..there are a lot of mics in that price range that sound much better than the C1....

Wkiw, if you can go to $220, get the C1. they are $190-220 on ebay(new) but be sure you get a decent preamp w/ 48+ volt phantom power...

i got the rode nt1

i got the rode nt1 for 150.00
i thought that was a good deal
im going to look into the c1 though
thanks for all the good advice yall
peace

i got the rode nt1

i found a good deal on the rode nt1 so i got it
thanks for all the good advice
peace
ps im going to look into that c1
thanks