How Do I Remove Vocal Tags/Acapellas From Beats/Songs?

S

StreetMilitia530

Does anybody know how to remove Vocal Tags or Accapellas from beats or songs or whatever? Is there any certain program or way I can do this? Please help!!

ps. I also have been trying in Cool Edit Pro but when I go to cut the vocals its really bad and its as if I just turned down the entire song! So yeah any other ways or programs I could download or something and could somebody help explain? I would really appriciaite it!!

peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?

You can't remove Vocals from A 2 Track instrumental. Without utterly DESTROYING the quality of whatever goal you have.

Vocal tags?

If they are there, they are supposed to be there. My guess would be to buy the beat, then you'll get a version without Tags....

What I mean by 'Vocal Tags' is accapella lol but is there a program or anything I could use to get the instrumental because I've been trying and I can't get it. How do I?

You can't remove Vocals from A 2 Track instrumental. Without utterly DESTROYING the quality of whatever goal you have.

^^^^^

Sry, but gotta search harder for the instrumental for the track.

There isn't a magic program that can just go *poof* no more vocals...

StreetMilitia530 said:
Does anybody know how to remove Vocal Tags or Accapellas from beats or songs or whatever? Is there any certain program or way I can do this? Please help!!
There's no such thing.... you can't "unmix" a song any more than you can separate a cake back into flour, water, milk, and eggs after it's been baked....

What you see in CSI where they cleanly isolate the engine noise of the Ferrari as it turned the corner amidst all the traffic and city noise is just plain Hollywood fantasy. IN fact you have a better chance of that happening than trying to unmix a song.

In reality - neither scenario is plausible.

Last edited:
if u have a vocal and instrumental version of a song with the same beats, u invert the phase of the instrumental and overlap it to leave only the vocal. it doesnt always work though

rayzer said:
if u have a vocal and instrumental version of a song with the same beats, u invert the phase of the instrumental and overlap it to leave only the vocal. it doesnt always work though
Yeah, like 95% of the time it won't work...

For it to work, the instrumental must be an EXACT mix of the non-instrumental, except with the vocal muted. Otherwise it won't really work at all.

And instrumental mixes are mixed differently than vocal-in versions, so functionally it's not a practical or effective method.

Last edited:
PlanetHitzProduction said:
Vocal tags?

If they are there, they are supposed to be there. My guess would be to buy the beat, then you'll get a version without Tags....

...and i have another question, too...

I am in Bloomingdales and they have this really great shirt (it would go perfectly with these pants I have.)

How do you remove that big plastic thing that that is clamped onto it that keeps beeping when I try to walk out of the store?

There must be some way to remove that tag so I can have the shirt.

Blue Bear Sound said:
Yeah, like 95% of the time it won't work...

For it to work, the instrumental must be an EXACT mix of the non-instrumental, except with the vocal muted. Otherwise it won't really work at all.

And instrumental mixes are mixed differently than vocal-in versions, so functionally it's not a practical or effective method.

I have a "real-life" example of this that just happened yesterday...

A song of mine was licensed for use in a TV commercial...

They mixed the music really low in the on-air VO ("VO" = "voiceover") mix...

I wanted to bring the level of the music up, so you could hear it better for my reel... If i had a copy of the final VO by itself, I could simply mix the VO is exactly how I want it, but unfortunately, I don't have the final VO in this case.

So, I decided to lay a copy of the music on top of the "music+VO" mix to bring the level up (with hopefully no phasing)...

While I was doing this, I thought to myself "while I am doing this, I might as well try to phase invert the music mix, and mix it with the "music+VO" mix to see how well I could isolate the VO...

Well, surprise surprise! It didn't work very well worth a damn.

...of course I already knew it wouldn't work very well even before I attempted it, but it seemed like a fun thing to try since it only takes about 2 seconds to phase invert one of the tracks.

Last edited:
you have to get another shirt and turn it upside down and press the two together.

the phase of the two shirts will be reversed and the tags will cancel each other out, and you can have 2 free shirts!!!

they have to be the exact same shirt tho.

DonaldCrunk said:
you have to get another shirt and turn it upside down and press the two together.

the phase of the two shirts will be reversed and the tags will cancel each other out, and you can have 2 free shirts!!!

no, that doesn't work. (I tried that and my shirt disappeared)

I think I need to get another one of those security tags by itself and turn that upside down and rub them together.

Then I will be left with just the shirt.

you, sir, are an intelligent individual. just the tag! rub them!

brilliant!

also, i've heard that the shirt itself is panned mostly left and right, and the tag is in the middle. if you cut out the center of the shirt, you should take out the tag as well!

just an alternative for you.

the kity whisperer said:
I just spent $16 to get my car washed.

you could have used that $16 to buy one of those beats with a vocal tag on it!

(and I am guessing that your post is saying that you think we are making irrelevant posts... do you not see how "removing the security tag from a shirt so I can steal it form the store" is the exact same thing as "removing the vocal tag from a beat so I can steal it from the producer who made it"?)

DonaldCrunk said:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!:cheers:

Lol!

NOW THAT IS FUNNY....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

dvyce said:
you could have used that $16 to buy one of those beats with a vocal tag on it!

(and I am guessing that your post is saying that you think we are making irrelevant posts... do you not see how "removing the security tag from a shirt so I can steal it form the store" is the exact same thing as "removing the vocal tag from a beat so I can steal it from the producer who made it"?)

best to sign up to something like accapellas4u.co.uk you get 5 downloads a month but they have loads of them on there good chance the accapellas you want! :)

BUMP_Charles_B.jpg

Back