Holy Grail of recording electric guitars has been found

From what I take on it is that he uses 3 mics for a guitar (for stereo purposes). Runs it through a bunch of different processors and then has it recorded onto a single monaural track into his software.

All that use of mics, processors wasted! :D

CubaseRox said:
From what I take on it is that he uses 3 mics for a guitar (for stereo purposes). Runs it through a bunch of different processors and then has it recorded onto a single monaural track into his software.

All that use of mics, processors wasted! :D

did you read the whole thread? I know your sig says "I don't read long posts" but you should make an ecxeption for this one! :)

Yes after I posted in here I went back to read on and I must say it made me laugh!

I actually started feeling bad for JP22, he seems a bit confused with some things.

The things I didnt like in the thread were the name calling. Its ok to debate others and challenge each others knowledge but the name calling isnt in the threads best interest.

I enjoy reading arguments for the reason that you can actually learn from 2 people instead of 1. :)

I think the most thing that was funny about it (and I thought of this before McCheese even mentioned it) was the fact that JP22 asked for advice and when he got it he started arguing like as if he already knew the answers. LOL

i think the best part was when he said that he could just bring back the lost dynamics with a twist of the EQ. dude's a miracle worker.

Mc Cheese was killin that poor guy and a few other people that jump in the convo too...lol....

Another funny point was when Jp22 said...

Personally, I find
your theory of 'ruining a sound because it sounds better in the
mix' to be quite ludicris.

And then McCheese replied with...

And for the record "Ludacris" is a no-talent, dime a dozen rap artist. The word you're looking for is Ludicrous. Learning to spell from rappers is like learning photography from the blind.

I was rolling on the floor at this point! :D

i saw that link on another site, and have spent half evening laughing!

this is one of the best threads i have read in a long time, and actually i wanted to post this link here as well, then i saw this thread ;)

Quotes like
Originally posted by MrCheese "It's my topic now *****."

are just icing on the whole cake and other people making fun-remarks like

Originally posted by MeesterSmeeeth

Jp22 wrote:
I've read that "Kurt Foster's" posts on the NS-10 monitors in these forums (if thats who your talking about). He made himself sound like a complete idiot whining endlessly about those stupid Yahmahoto tree sap cones for sap sucking market whores....

Another recording industry myth. NS-10's are industry standard because of the colour of the speaker cone. It has nothing to do with tree sap.

When placed on a meter bridge, the reflective properties of the NS-10's speaker cones forms a correlation with the angle of the faders. Reflected light brightens the sound from the speaker due to inverse polarity waveforms indirectly correlating with the efflux baffle from the sound diffusers. It's a fine art positioning the speakers correctly so that the relationship of the angle of the L and R woofers to the pan knobs on channels 4 and 20 on the desk respectively follow Newton's 5th law (abridged).

The only reason Yamaha no longer make the NS-10's is because they officially became a paperless office in 2001 in order to comply with ISO9001 and benefit from a legal loophole in Japanese tax law which allows them to claim saki on expenses after 5pm. All their fax machines and photo copiers have been replaced by terminals and scanners. This has had a dramatic affect on the loudspeaker engineers, who used the 120GSM A4 ultra-bright (TM) stocks for the speaker cones. Tests using alternative materials proved fruitless, so the NS-10's were discontinued.

The frequencies altered by the NS-10's white cones are the difference between a good guitar sound and a great one. Get a pair of NS-10's (beg, borrow, steal, download the Yamaha Virtual Legacy NS-10 TDM plug-in [k]) and you will find that you improve your nearly perfect guitar sound "a little bit". Crucially, this "little bit" is like the fairy dust from an angels wings. Elusive but magical.

HTH

Peace-out.[/i]

make this thread more hilarious that it already starts out

you can actually already buy JP22 t-shirts on ebay saying "haha! i don't have a tube pre-amp!" :cry:

i'm currently on page 14 and from what i know JP22 returns on page 19 or 20 again :D

all in all:
there is LOTS of mis-information in this thread, so for people that don't know better this thread can be really confusing, but on the other hand there are some very useful informations on EQ and compression ;)

Back