FL Studio Distortion Solution

rockne023

So, whenever I'm running a lot of plugins and all the sounds are playing at once, I usually get a lot of distortion....even though I know it's not because of my sounds clipping. I know everything about buffer length and what not and the cpu usage....and I've done all that, but I'm just wondering......would increasing RAM help it out? Buying a new sound card? I currently have the ASIO4ALL sound driver.....but is there a nicer sound card I can buy? If so, recommendations?

I use the stock soundcard on my computer and everything runs great, but I also run an i7 with 12GB of RAM.

What are your computer's specs?

Brian

You need to be careful of some plugins you get that are badly programmed and they will make your CPU jump to 99% even if you mute them. Lazysnake vst and TALNoise are good examples of badly programmed plugins. The best thing is to investigate whether or not one of these plugins are eating up resources and replace them. Even sytrus can start giving trouble if you have @ least 4 channels open.

Please comment on my work:
http:/kasimp3.co.za/s/4M5

I have an i3 processor with only 4gb of ram.......I don't need an asio sound card if I have a audio interface do I? I usually do run a multitude of plugins at the same.

How many is a multitude and what type of vsts? You can have as big a processor or RAM as you want, but there is still a limit. I have only a gig RAM - it's supposed to be perfect, but not all of this memory is assigned to FL. FL has a few tips in its FL Help to optimize performance. Hop over there, read it and make the adjustments needed and maybe that can help.

I have an i3 processor with only 4gb of ram.......I don't need an asio sound card if I have a audio interface do I? I usually do run a multitude of plugins at the same.

I would suggest upping the specs on your computer. The "distortion" may be caused by the VSTs you are running. If it is still causing you issues, you may need to concider getting yourself a good Audio interface.

Why are you using asio4all if you have a hardware interface. uninstall asio4all and choose your interface in the setup. whatever the brand is it will pop up as one of the options. like if its presonus it will say presonusasio or something like that.

Back