first note in FL Studio is really loud, rest of sequence isnt!?

Cee High

I use FL Studio mostly for quick brainstorm ideas and I've clicked in a drums sequence and I have an 808 bass along with a punchy kick, both hitting at the very beginning of the pattern. For some reason, the very first hits are really loud, then for the rest of the loop everything is quieter. I've made hundreds of FL Studio beats and I don't believe this has ever happened to me. I always bring up my blank project file that has all my volume settings and master volumes set, so I haven't changed anything in that regard.

check for doubled notes;
when im recording midi over a looped portion of a song, sometimes the first note or two will get stacked ending up with twice the amplitude of a single hit.
Either that or maybe you have a compressor plug in running that cant keep up with that first hit...

My guess is a compressor with a slow attack and longer release. The first sound goes through because the compressor is not fully active yet, due to the slow attack. Then the compressor holds throughout due to the longer release.

Back