Thread: eq-range adjust for wav recordings

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    ok, I had a visit with "MaryJane" today and then I decided I was going to see if I could record some spinning of mine, a set more or less sort of Anyways, I hooked up my mixer Master Record out (vestax pmc170a) to my line in on my soundcard but it recorded through my mic. It'll do for now, but I think I mistakenly had my line in muted. If I had it muted wouldn't cool edit have told me? If I don't next time will it record through my line in? Anyways I got this set, through my desktop mic :eek: I didn't mean to, anyways and I want to see if I can try to enhance it with a wav editor program. I've got the demo for soundforge and it says it will only allow 2 minutes playback. So I did my work through cool edit. Now I've amplified the source so it sounds a bit better but I want to scale back the base a bit and I can't find say like a frequency equilizer allowing me to be more specific. Can anyone help me out??

Thanks
    Last edited by Merc; 04-24-2001 at 06:02 PM.
    [IMG]http://www.ravemontreal.com/ima/dancesafe.gif[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][i]Hmm[/i][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Try Goldwave, it's got a reasonable parametric EQ function. It also does quite a good job of removing hiss from a recording.

I'm not sure if a program like CoolEdit can tell whether specific sound inputs are muted. I think that's the job of your soundcard software? I could be wrong (I was once)

The best thing is to record a few seconds, then see if it worked ... if so then start recording again and do your whole mix.

Take it easy

Thanks
    I was thinking of that, but I was sure that I had it hooked up properly, I did. It's explained above oh well, so that's why I'd like to try to salvage the mix I've already done thanks for the program suggestion I'll try it out today.

Thanks
    well ... it's not wrongly connected.

Get your hands on a parametric EQ to surgically attack certain problems if needed. A 30 Band Equalizer and compressor should take care of the whole thing. You better find a prog which lets you preview the whole mix through the effect and let you tweak it in real time. Working with a small bit can have some rather 'unexpected' results.
    Last edited by inocybe; 05-03-2001 at 03:04 AM.
    Thanksforreadingandpleasecomeagain.

Thanks
    I hooked up my mixer Master Record out (vestax pmc170a) to my line in on my soundcard
    The mixer is between the tables and the computer.
    Last edited by Merc; 05-03-2001 at 03:09 AM.

Thanks
    try to grab a parametric EQ to pump up the frequencies of your choice. While recording to the computer try to do it the best u can. One of the more important things its the level of recording, boosting it afterwards (if it is dramatic) causes distortion
    Mike Lobo
    mikelobo.com

Thread Information