Discmakers??? What do You'll Think about this Cd mastering House??

A

Ablord

Discmakers??? What do You'll Think about this Cd mastering House??
Has anyone use Discmakers as their mastering and Cd duplication vendor ??? If so How was the Quality ?? where you satisfy ,disappointed or what??? Do you know anyone who has use them ??? Give me feedback!!!!:cool:

If these are the same people that are out of New Jersey, then I would recommend them. I've been a part of two projects that used DiscMakers as our duplication company. I think they can be on the pricey side, but if you have the money, they do good work. If you want to design your own cover art and CD stomp, they will give you a template to do the layout on your computer. After that, you just email them the file and they take care of the rest. I believe they also offer mastering services, but of the two projects I've been a part of, we did our own mastering.

Take it easy,
Andrew

AndrewD300 said:
If these are the same people that are out of New Jersey, then I would recommend them. I've been a part of two projects that used DiscMakers as our duplication company. I think they can be on the pricey side, but if you have the money, they do good work. If you want to design your own cover art and CD stomp, they will give you a template to do the layout on your computer. After that, you just email them the file and they take care of the rest. I believe they also offer mastering services, but of the two projects I've been a part of, we did our own mastering.

Take it easy,
Andrew
Cool!!! Yes it the same people out of NJ.. Actually from my research I think the mastering is includes as a free service (if needed) Did you guys get any any vinyl press through them??? If so How did it sound . I 'm thinking about them for promo pressing only right now (i.e clubs ,radio, vinyl and cd samplers giveaways) Thanks for the feedback.:monkey:

Nope... no vinyl.... just CDs. I think one project is now on our 3rd shipment of 1000, and I think the other project got whatever the minimum run is. Good luck!

-Andrew

I think Oasis might be better for getting exposure. Along with the general cd manufacturing process, the offer barcodes, retail ready display boxes, and distribution thru cdstreet,CDBaby, and Amazon.com, at their expense. They also release a compilation disc with some bands to radio stations, magazines etc. Check it out. Oasis CD Manufacturing :cheers:

Hey Snaplok-Thank You for your input..I'd visited the site and it was very impressive...Thanks again ...Ablord;)

Ablord said:
Cool!!! Yes it the same people out of NJ.. Actually from my research I think the mastering is includes as a free service (if needed) Did you guys get any any vinyl press through them??? If so How did it sound . I 'm thinking about them for promo pressing only right now (i.e clubs ,radio, vinyl and cd samplers giveaways) Thanks for the feedback.:monkey:
Mastering through diskmakers is not free. They do offer a discount for duplication customers. They charge $290 for 1-4 songs. If you do a whole CD, it will be between $490-$590.

disc makers' mastering house kinda sucks.

i got my old band's first disc mastered there, and they basically compressed it and sent it back to us. all for the low, low price of $400. you'd expect a little EQ or maybe they could polish some of the fade-outs, but noooooooooo. those cheap ****s. if you have a really high quality cd, spend the extra cash on great mastering and send it to gateway mastering or M-Works. it will make a huge difference.

oblique said:

i got my old band's first disc mastered there, and they basically compressed it and sent it back to us. all for the low, low price of $400. you'd expect a little EQ or maybe they could polish some of the fade-outs, but noooooooooo. those cheap ****s. if you have a really high quality cd, spend the extra cash on great mastering and send it to gateway mastering or M-Works. it will make a huge difference.
I knew there was a reason for charging an extra like $150 for being there during the session. They don't want you to see how little they do...... Good info.

Yeah... I've only used them for duplication, and I would recommend them for that. The cover art and CDs come out looking very professional.

I've never used the mastering services, but I'd always be a little weary of shipping my project off somewhere for mastering, unless it was so that a grammy-winning engineer could master it :-) I'd say for the mastering, you're always better off to find someone good in your area that will let you sit in on the process.

Adios,
Andrew

oblique said:

Thats Oblique!!! Actually another forum member told me about Bob Ludwig and his master company (Gateway) I really appreicate the feedback!!!:cheers:

Ikemurda said:

Mastering through diskmakers is not free. They do offer a discount for duplication customers. They charge $290 for 1-4 songs. If you do a whole CD, it will be between $490-$590.
Good lookin out Ikemurda!! I went to the website after your post , and I could beleive!!!:confused: I remember awhile ago(either from one of their catalog or website)it seem like they didn't charge your for that services !Wow!!! But b/c of all of the good feedback I've made up mind on who to look for for that service.. peace Ablord...

oblique said:

Hi, I just had my very first mastering experience with Discmakers. I paid for the full deal, EQ/Compression, everything. I had the same exact experience. The CD had no EQ whatsoever done to it, no stereo enhancements or any thing like that. They basically boosted the levels and I'm guessing they probably ran it through a limiter. I was expecting to wow'd and ended up being pretty disappointed.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that nothing was done to the EQ because I looked at a before/after analysis with Har-Bal software and the EQ curve was identical (and I mean identical: peak for peak, dip for dip) for all ten songs! It was just moved up the scale for a volume boost.

One disturbing thing with Discmakers is there is no contact with the Mastering engineer. I asked my PM for the engineering notes so I could at least see what was done, and her reply is that they don't do that, but would consider it in the future.

Granted, this was my first project that required mastering, so I cannot compare it to other mastering houses. But having contact with the engineer is essential. You don't get that with Discmakers.

^^True^^

Very important to have communication with the engineer. I have never had one engineer not make themselves available to me when I needed to send them a project. Even when I was sending projects to other clients the engineer has been available.

the mastering lab

I'm heading up to The Mastering Lab in September to have Doug Sax master my project. Pretty reasonable rate considering his legendary status.

Their mastering is really sucky from what some our clients told us.But we may be of some assistance!

Google us:

---------> Mixhouseonline <---------

*PROFESSIONALLY CERTIFIED ENGINEERS
*PROFESSIONAL STUDIO MONITORS
*48 TRACKS OF DIGITAL RECORDING
*ACOUSTICALLY TREATED CONTROL ROOM AND VOCAL BOOTH
*GREAT HOURLY RATES
Genelic Speakers
Avalon sp 737
Waves Mercury Bundle
Manley Massive Passive Slam
Waves Platinum Bundle