delay on hi hats

I didn't listne to the song because I don't listen to secular music but with that said
the thing with music production is to try stuff out experiment
try a youtube search yourself as well
go to 2mins 30secs in and listen sounds dope to me

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Just add a delay effect and mess around with the settings or change the velocity of certain hits on the hat pattern

I didnt hear any delay on the cymbals. There was more than one cymbal track throughout the song, that may have sounded like delay to some..

Yeah, I agree actually... Although the reverse could be true: sometimes delay on a hi-hat can sound like discrete individual hits. But still, I don't think there's any delay on the hh track.

But if you mean that breakdown with the synth-y piccolo snare thing? That sounds like a delay trick to me, but I couldn't tell you a setting in miliseconds or anything. As posted above, experiment with delay until it sounds the way you want it to...

GJ

Yeah, I agree actually... Although the reverse could be true: sometimes delay on a hi-hat can sound like discrete individual hits. But still, I don't think there's any delay on the hh track.
Yep. I tend to use delays on my hats so I can usually pick out the sound right away. This doesnt sound delayed to me.

@Beats generals- The hats in your remake swell, a hallmark sound of delay which is not in the original version. At least according to my ears that is.... Nice remake though :cheers:

Back